forum

Reverse the slider head function for edit mode [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Wizard Of Orz
sometimes i wanna make a sliders head start at the opposite side and when i try to recreate a slider with opposite head's it ends up being different shaped. vertical and horizontal flips just flips the slider, not the heads.
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
0_o
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old

0_o wrote:

That's the problem, a lot of the time Reverse Selection morphs the slider a little bit.
In Bezier only, right? I blame floating-point inaccuracies.
mm201

strager wrote:

supergarlic wrote:

sometimes i wanna make a sliders head start at the opposite side and when i try to recreate a slider with opposite head's it ends up being different shaped. vertical and horizontal flips just flips the slider, not the heads.
Edit->Reverse Selection.
This is because slider lengths aren't exactly the same as the curves describing them. The slider's length is always rounded down to the nearest tick, and this is always taken off the slider's end. When you reverse the slider, osu! tries to keep the end where it is, so it has to adjust the control point a little.
anonymous_old
mm201
The best way I've found to compensate is to place your slider endpoint nodes as close to the centres of the actual endpoints as possible.
Topic Starter
Wizard Of Orz

MetalMario201 wrote:

The best way I've found to compensate is to place your slider endpoint nodes as close to the centres of the actual endpoints as possible.
doesnt work for though, usually changed the slider a bit
ToRMeNToR_84
I have had that same problem many times and was quite frustrating. +1 here.
Derekku
Topic Starter
Wizard Of Orz
bump
LuigiHann
I'm not sure if this could work any better than it currently does, for mathematical reasons. But I'm sure peppy would be happy to prove me wrong.
Echo
I don't think it's THAT noticeable when you're playing through the map anyway?
mm201
peppy
It is only a few pixels. I don't see the need to change this. You could fix this inaccuracy yourself in 5 seconds if it annoys you. Most people won't have a problem with it.

Closing