forum

Post your osu! fan art!

posted
Total Posts
show more
RBRat3

peppy wrote:

The only issue I have is that the slider endpoint's radius doesn't match the track, like a badly-made skin :p.
I can round it off... Just thought it kept things separate and made more sense for a ball to roll on rounded tracks instead of square ones :P

Anyways its alittle late now for what I was gonna use it for XD
peppy
I'm not sure I understand the rounded vs square you are talking about. The specific part I'm talking about is this join, though:
RBRat3
The endpoint's outer ring is square while the track is tubular...
The join? As in the endpoint not being flush with the track or the radius not meeting up with the track width?

It intersects with it slightly, didn't think much about it since its far from view and put crap over it for what I wanted XD
awp
the track width should be equivalent to the start-point's diameter
Nekoroll
You guys mean it should be tangent.

And I mean the real meaning of tangent, not the "but it's already touching one edge" kind of meaning.

So yes, the track should be on the furthest edge of the circle to be correct.
Hocker_Zocker
awsome :D
syuru
i can't art but i was bored so i drew pippi-tan >w>
boat

tsuruui wrote:

this is a good artstyle

i like it
RBRat3
Heres something to ponder...

What is pippi's measurements & age?
(Yes I care)
Daru

RBRat3 wrote:

(Yes I care)
Depends on who's drawing her. :P
Anywhere from 12 to 21, it would seem.

tsuruui wrote:

"i can't art"
It's not good to lie, ya'know.
RBRat3

Daru wrote:

Its not really on the basis of drawing... I wouldn't mind knowing some approximate numbers :D
awp

RBRat3 wrote:

(Yes I care)
I'm not super familiar with "measurements", just that she's fairly modestly built.

She was originally designed to be 17, but was scaled back to 15 at the time of inception. Depending on whether or not she ages in realtime, she's either 15, or 18~19 now.
syuru

boat wrote:

tsuruui wrote:

this is a good artstyle

i like it
thank you very much >u<

Daru wrote:

SPOILER

RBRat3 wrote:

(Yes I care)

tsuruui wrote:

[spoilerbox]
"i can't art"
It's not good to lie, ya'know.[/spoilerbox]pshhh, it's not that far from the truth = u =
RBRat3
"This is what old osu! use to look like in the 70s"
techz59
been playing around with photoshop and made this... hope you guys like it :)
it's a 1920x1080 sized wallpaper
Duo35

RBRat3 wrote:

"This is what old osu! use to look like in the 70s"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X2bf76wn54
Kei
I posted this drawing at the T-Shirt Design Contest thread already, but this count as fanart too, so I'll post it here aswell:
SkyDevil

Kei wrote:

I posted this drawing at the T-Shirt Design Contest thread already, but this count as fanart too, so I'll post it here aswell:
omnomnomnom
ivetto
a quick one :9
jjrocks

ivetto wrote:

a quick one :9
<3 That is pretty darn cute~ Love the little heart next to her, it just completes the entire image.
Loginer
Could I get some honest critique on this? 4chan's telling me the proportions are too skinny, but I'd like a second opinion.

Jarby
She does look a bit unhealthily skinny. What is standing out to me as well is her boxy waist: with conforming clothes especially, you should be able to see a curve. Case in point from some random images found on google.
Jinxy
The chin feels way too sharp and sticking out imo, and the lips feel overly thick, but that's only because I keep thinking it has to be anime-ish.

And yes that is much too skinny
Kitsunemimi

JInxyjem wrote:

The chin feels way too sharp and sticking out imo, and the lips feel overly thick, but that's only because I keep thinking it has to be anime-ish.

And yes that is much too skinny
Basically this.

Also, her hands are too large.
theowest
Her arms are too long and stomach area is too small.
boat

Loginer wrote:

Could I get some honest critique on this? 4chan's telling me the proportions are too skinny, but I'd like a second opinion.

Do you want a cartoony approach to it, or do you want her to actually look like a girl? Her torso looks more like a cylinder then an actual body, arms need to be 10-20% shorter, legs are not feminine. Its really weird and you should take a look at a real girl and perhaps take an approach that looks slightly more healthy and normal/real. I'd rather have a more realistic pippi then an anorexic twig pippi.
awp

Loginer wrote:

Definitely too skinny.

Arms are also a couple inches too long

There's a very uncanny-valley look to it, particularly with the clothing and skin texture.

The face also creeps me out. Possibly the shape of the mouth/jaw. It looks too narrow and distended. I'd suggest flushing it out a bit more, using models/images from video games as references.
Nekoroll
Her figure should be 2 heads wide, especially around her shoulders. I believe you have it around maybe a little more than 1 head wide but it's hard to tell from the angle. Her hands are too long and where her skirt ends is pretty much about the area that her crotch should be given the location of her tiny waist. Because her hips and thighs are not full enough, her legs are really skinny as a result and makes her resemble a little more like a trap than anything to me right now.

As for her facial features, I'd say move the mouth and nose up a little bit. It's up to you if you want to make the eyes a little smaller or prefer the really big Kanon-like eyes. Remember that the lips should be pushed a little further back than the nose or else she might possibly be confused with a chimpanzee. :(

- Wider shoulders and slightly more upper body mass (but not to the point of a manly figure, obv)
- Fuller hips (should bring out the butt figure as well and fill out the thighs more)
- Not as long/manly hands (NOT to be confused with smaller since you still need to stay in proportion with where a normal woman's arms should meet at the thigh)
- Bring the skirt down unless panty shots are your thing

Good job though. 3D modeling, especially manipulating polygons and such, can be pretty challenging. I'd recommend having bitmaps of a woman's figure (top, right, front) and setting them as the background in their respective camera views when you're modeling. I did this when I used to do 3D modeling as well, but for vehicles, and it works pretty well as a general guide.

tl;dr Feed her a little bit of American food
craytm

Some of my work with osu mascot, pippy and other fanarts.
boat

should be the new pippi looks much better then the current one
MoeChuu
This is so Awesome :3 \m/
awp

boat wrote:

looks much better then the current one
that is the current one, as far as I can tell
boat
Then you quite clearly can't tell all that far.
awp
I can tell as far as the first 16 letters of the alphabet. That's over half of them. Good enough to pass
RBRat3
Whats so wrong with the current one? Lack of ass...ets?
awp
big boobs would be bad character design for a dancer
RBRat3
Woah wait a min, When did she become a dancer now?

Ohh forgot to add that assets are a good thing to have when taking the pole position if we're talking about "Dancing" XD
awp
I mean dancer in the cheerleader/pep-rally sense? I guess? Like the EBA or OTO doing their dances. Boobs just get in the way
Cyclohexane
Didn't the Hard Rock mode prove that wrong though
awp
it didn't prove anything

I meant realistically

but maybe I'm at fault for taking a realistic perspective when designing a cartoon
show more