forum

Standardize dividing markers for maps containing 2 or more songs in the title

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Morrighan
Regarding the rule,
wiki/en/Ranking_Criteria#rules.2
  1. If a mapset track is composed of two or more songs, list the song titles clearly with a dividing symbol inbetween or use a title descriptive of its contents. If the title becomes too long as a result, a descriptive title must be used instead.

I suggest clarifying what counts as a "dividing symbol" between "/", "|" and "&" and any other symbols that would be considered as an acceptable dividing symbol.

Since no clarification currently exists, any form of dividing symbol could be argued to be acceptable, such as "\" (of course this wouldn't be allowed cause of keeping consistent with what's in ranked, but that's why we should write it explicitly)
Nevo
make the symbol " / " kkthxbai
SaltyLucario
i think it should just be standarised to "/", people don't seem to use anything else anyway (outside of probox a_hisa marathon of course)
TheKingHenry
agree generally with you people about "/", but just one thought I had, what if there's stuff like " very / weird 1" and "very / weird 2" as the two titles, what with some artists wilding with markers in their titles; it'd make the combination sketch to say the least (EDIT: "very / weird 1 / very / weird 2" to specify)

with other possible options, it would be possible to circumvent issues from these kinda cases, so some kind of additional allowance for when the titles already contain "/" or similar could maybe be beneficial (for the rare cases where it could be applied anyways)
Topic Starter
Morrighan
So we can allow "/" and "|", so cases like TKH described don't happen, however rare they may be?
Noffy
I don't think it really needs to have a particular standard. People can use the symbol they think fits best for their compilation.

Different song titles makes it difficult to decide on one or two that would work in all cases, but having a 2nd symbol only be allowed as an exception feels kind of janky to me.

And the consistency guideline already means later ranked maps of the same compilation would need to title it the same anyways.
clayton
agree w/ noffy -- I see no benefit to making this standard as any sensible "divider" will be understood and they aren't important to searching
Noffy
I'm archiving this as it does not appear to be an issue to where it needs a fix - and the discussion has not progressed in a while. If you would like to bring it back up, you may ask any GMT or NAT member to move the thread back to the main RC forum.