forum

Extra Searching feature : Have Video or not. [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +26
Topic Starter
Jacqli
I just thinking...
Isn't it great if we have this feature?
If you only want to watch some videos on osu! You only need to find maps that containing Background video on it...
It would be hard if we didn't have this feature , we must check the maps (that you may have a thousand of it) one by one...

How was it?
VoidnOwO
:)
Topic Starter
Jacqli
It's not only opening but let's put it aside..

Basically yes, well i don't know it's only me or not but when i got bored/tired i like to watch these videos..
boat
Might as well find them somewhere else then, as it's a game and not a media player. There are plenty of solutions to this as well, such as filtering out all videos from your maps directory and playing them in any media player of your choice.
Topic Starter
Jacqli
I just want to make people enjoying osu! As much as they could and for that i just want to make things more simple.

Searching videos in your directory is not simple i think, and i takes some minutes to show all of your videos that you have in osu!
boat
It's really easy actually. Search your maps folder for the only allowed video file extensions and there you have them, add them all to a playlist in the media player of your choice and save.

I do recall peppo having stated that osu! is not meant to be a media player, which is why there's yet to be a playlist feature. Don't keep your hopes up, the chances of this going through are insanely slim and you might as well find a different solution to it.
Topic Starter
Jacqli
And "if" you havd a low spec computer which have an ugly ram that took minutes or hours to show those filter ,what are you going to do?

As long i have a chance, i'll try.
theowest
Here are two request which would cover this: [Song List] Advanced Search & [Song list] Beatmap search specifications

I know there's a request about just indicating whether the map has a SB or not, so having the same feature for videos could be useful.
jemhuntr
i think it would be better if beatmaps just had these "Has Video" and "Has Storyboard" icons on the song selection just like on the beatmap listing.
maybe add a "Has Skin" icon as well or something.
Topic Starter
Jacqli

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

i think it would be better if beatmaps just had these "Has Video" and "Has Storyboard" icons on the song selection just like on the beatmap listing.
That would be great!
Besides, this is only a little extra feature so i think not many peoples will get bothered by this new feature (if this one added) to osu!
theowest

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

pretty sure there's one or two request about this.

can't find them though because the search will ignore "SB"
Topic Starter
Jacqli
Well, it's about finding the maps that have videos on it.
jemhuntr

theowest wrote:

me too.

apparently, I was able to find one, t/9020, which is a 4 year-old topic.
theowest

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

theowest wrote:

me too.

apparently, I was able to find one, http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/9020, which is a 4 year-old topic.
thank you!