forum

Suspicious Scores/Accounts Thread/Sticky [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
benguin
I'm not going to lie, I don't like cheaters and I don't think anyone else likes them either. However, it makes it really hard for people to do things about it. I think the report score button simply isn't enough. Iirc, when reporting scores, it doesn't ask for reasons or anything of the sort or an explanation as to why I reported the score in the first place. And there isn't even an option to report players in general. What I suggest is a thread for the community to get involved and to create a sticky in which users can post and discuss suspicious scores and users as well as reasoning and proper evidence. Mods/admins/etc can look over the thread to look over the evidence and take appropriate actions. I posted a link below from the forums for another rhythm game I play and I hope this thread can serve as a basis of what I am asking for:

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=123186

Thoughts? Suggestions?
deadbeat
admin/staff would rather you not discuss this sort of thing publicly. should you wish to report a user for something, you can always use the !report command ingame and notify a mod that way.
Topic Starter
benguin
Still though, the key to any good society, or in this case an online community, is having members being able to openly discuss things. The way the system is now, it's so broken:
1) I just reported a user using the !report command. No mod got into contact with me to discuss my report. This lack of communication is terrible, a mod should contact me to ask further questions to clarify, give evidence, etc and to update me on what is going on. What I experienced by using the !report feature is what one feels when they send in a job application and the employer never calls even if they decide to do nothing, leaving you in the dark if you're ever going to get the job or not.
2) I don't see anything wrong with putting this out in the public. If the person accused is actually a cheater, they should be publicly humiliated for it. If the person isn't a cheater, then (a) the thread allows them to justify/prove (in public) to people that they aren't cheating and (b) you must be pretty damn pro if you get a bs call for cheating when you're not, I'd feel honored to get such a bs call, haha.
3) A thread would be able to hold a public and viewable record of the status of each report explanation so people aren't left in the dark wondering why nothing was done with the score they reported 8 months ago.
theowest

benguin wrote:

Still though, the key to any good society, or in this case an online community, is having members being able to openly discuss things. The way the system is now, it's so broken:
1) I just reported a user using the !report command. No mod got into contact with me to discuss my report. This lack of communication is terrible, a mod should contact me to ask further questions to clarify, give evidence, etc and to update me on what is going on. What I experienced by using the !report feature is what one feels when they send in a job application and the employer never calls even if they decide to do nothing, leaving you in the dark if you're ever going to get the job or not.
Sending us a PM would make sure we see this stuff, but not all moderators want that. You can PM me though, I'll always respond.
CXu
This did exist in the past.

theowest wrote:

Sending us a PM would make sure we see this stuff, but not all moderators want that. You can PM me though, I'll always respond.
Interesting.