forum

Mouse+Keyboard Hybrid Playstyle

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sYnceDez
Does anyone use Mouse 1 and 1 button on your keyboard? How many players in the community use this playstyle? Just wondering, I always had problem with mouse only streaming, and when I tried this playstyle it worked pretty well, and I could go to insanes with Streams almost 1-2 hours after practicing with it.
GoldenWolf
Topic Starter
sYnceDez

GoldenWolf wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/u/PeaChick
Glad a good player uses this style.
Zerzxes
I did something similar before. I used m1 for all singletapping and k1+k2 for streams. And then i broke the m1 on my mouse and learned full keyboard.
Moonpower
I mostly single-tap with m1 and do streams / fast triples with m1+k2. Speed and stamina is way better for me this way over k1+k2 or m1+m2, but my rythm is worse. I just need more practice.
winber1

Zerzxes wrote:

I did something similar before. I used m1 for all singletapping and k1+k2 for streams. And then i broke the m1 on my mouse and learned full keyboard.
this seems slightly flawed

i would have assumed a logical thing to do would be to replace that mouse otherwise you really couldn't use ur compute >_>, unless your m1 key actually never truly broke, but was just glitchy.
Winshley
People referred that as "Tobe style".

I use the style sometimes, even now. The problem is that I can't tap consistently that way, which is awkward when doing streams. So far this is my best record ever attempted with the playstyle.
buny
some people do tap/x or click/x since it's a much less tedious way of playing streams since it's easier to move a finger on each hand than to coordinate 2 fingers on one hand
a lot of people don't bother since it is hard to get used to and very hard to get a high accuracy doing so too. In most situations they'll just use 2 fingers on 1 hand since it's easier to time but for streams that are very fast some players choose to tap/x because you can stream faster and the timing between each beat is smaller, making it a lot easier to get a higher accuracy on faster streams
though it's easier to stream faster speeds it's also a lot tougher to control your cursor, which i think far outweighs having a faster stream speed.

winber1 wrote:

Zerzxes wrote:

this seems slightly flawed

i would have assumed a logical thing to do would be to replace that mouse otherwise you really couldn't use ur compute >_>, unless your m1 key actually never truly broke, but was just glitchy.
i guess he'd be talking about his left click getting stiff, it happens when your mouse gets older and makes it an annoyance to use
Oinari-sama
I did something similar when I messed around with Dual Mouse play. M1 on Mouse1 + M2 on Mouse2. Great fun!
she_old
only a few use aevv-style and are actually good at it

http://www.youtube.com/user/Sreant
Kanye West

Winshley wrote:

I use the style sometimes, even now. The problem is that I can't tap consistently that way, which is awkward when doing streams. So far this is my best record ever attempted with the playstyle.
nah, true tobe style is tablet tap + k2

aevv style is mouse click + k2
-Soba-

GoldenWolf wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/u/PeaChick
buny

Kanye West wrote:

Winshley wrote:

nah, true tobe style is tablet tap + k2

aevv style is mouse click + k2
in the end they're both m1 + k2
G0r
I use this style and I got pretty good with it before I stopped playing competitively like half a year ago. I was rank 900 at the top of my game and Aevv was an amazing player who used this style. That guy could stream anything. It's possible to get really good with it, just look at PeaChick. However, you'll notice he HD-HRs a lot of stuff, and I can personally say that the reason is that playing this style seriously limits your ability to aim accurately with your mouse at high clicking speeds. You'll have amazing aim and accuracy at lower speeds, which can make HR kind of easy after a while of practicing it, but if you start doing high speed DTs, then you'll start having issues. The reason is that you can't really stabilize your mouse too well while clicking one key on it. Furthermore, alternating is extremely difficult when you have to switch between hands, so you'll find yourself doing a lot of single clicking whenever you don't stream, which exacerbates the problem. Another issue is that slow streams can be very difficult with this style. The explanation for that is a little hard to verbalize. Basically click/x players tend to treat their streaming like pressing both keys at the same time one slightly behind the other, so it's less like alternating your hands and more like clicking with both hands at the same time over and over again... like (m1k1-m1k1-m1k1) instead of (m1-k1-m1-k1-m1-k1). That's why fast streams are easier this way and it is also why timing a slow stream accurately takes lots of practice and highly spaced streams can take practice too. Get ready to develop some serious forearm muscles.

I actually wrote an article on how to get good playing this style just before I quit competitive play. Some day I might release it. I guess I didn't post it simply because I didn't feel like I was good enough to be publishing advice, so to speak. I do think I am something of an expert on this style, however, since it's all I played for the year and a half or more that I played this game.

Anyway, hope that helps. Cheers.
Topic Starter
sYnceDez

G0r wrote:

I use this style and I got pretty good with it before I stopped playing competitively like half a year ago. I was rank 900 at the top of my game and Aevv was an amazing player who used this style. That guy could stream anything. It's possible to get really good with it, just look at PeaChick. However, you'll notice he HD-HRs a lot of stuff, and I can personally say that the reason is that playing this style seriously limits your ability to aim accurately with your mouse at high clicking speeds. You'll have amazing aim and accuracy at lower speeds, which can make HR kind of easy after a while of practicing it, but if you start doing high speed DTs, then you'll start having issues. The reason is that you can't really stabilize your mouse too well while clicking one key on it. Furthermore, alternating is extremely difficult when you have to switch between hands, so you'll find yourself doing a lot of single clicking whenever you don't stream, which exacerbates the problem. Another issue is that slow streams can be very difficult with this style. The explanation for that is a little hard to verbalize. Basically click/x players tend to treat their streaming like pressing both keys at the same time one slightly behind the other, so it's less like alternating your hands and more like clicking with both hands at the same time over and over again... like (m1k1-m1k1-m1k1) instead of (m1-k1-m1-k1-m1-k1). That's why fast streams are easier this way and it is also why timing a slow stream accurately takes lots of practice and highly spaced streams can take practice too. Get ready to develop some serious forearm muscles.

I actually wrote an article on how to get good playing this style just before I quit competitive play. Some day I might release it. I guess I didn't post it simply because I didn't feel like I was good enough to be publishing advice, so to speak. I do think I am something of an expert on this style, however, since it's all I played for the year and a half or more that I played this game.

Anyway, hope that helps. Cheers.
Thanks, good read.
Angeloid_Alpha
I'm using K2 and M1 ...
If you want something more to say why I'm playing like this replay here ^.^
drum drum
please don't necropost