forum

[duplicate] [Map Editor] Taking notes on bookmarked ticks

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +11
Topic Starter
Chromate
I'll be honest, as a mapper, I get new ideas very often. I think a lot of mappers will do as well. and we, usually, forget them as we dont have a way to write or draw them, other than making individual text or drawings for every tick. I suggest that we should be able to write(or draw) our ideas on bookmarked ticks and then save them inside the osu file(I think this is possible to implement without changing the osu format entirely). Even if we dont necessarily change the .osu file, this is achievable through an external text file.
Napoca
I'll be honest, this idea, while well intended, is pretty bad. I get where you're coming from, but requesting a feature like this would take quite a bit of time if you go the drawing route, and would functionally work quite poorly. Writing ideas down for a rhythm game, where all the objects are at certain points in the song, is inefficient and difficult to do in the first place. And drawing ideas down is even worse, where the only use would be for slider art. Best case scenario with drawing (and excluding slider art) is that you make a drawing for each couple of objects every 2 seconds. Introducing a feature like this would most likely be ignored by mappers, and new mappers would use it in the beginning before never touching it again. If you get ideas and want to make sure you don't forget them, just make a new difficulty and put the idea there. I guarantee you it would be faster then writing or drawing, and you're able to put down more information like proper object placement, rhythm choice, and trial and error for the best choices to make with the idea.
abraker