forum

Disabling osu!direct

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +77
Topic Starter
yakimikan
I don't want to complain about osu!direct itself and its functions..but I'm just looking for an option to disable the feature since it's pretty slower to download beatmaps by osu!direct than downloading from browser and overlapping bgms(preview sounds) every time I click on a beatmap url on game make me sick.

Option that disabling osu!direct can be added? or is there any easier way to disable it?
theowest
waiting until your supporter tag runs out is the only solution right now.

personally, I wouldn't dream to have it disabled, but I can see where you're coming from with this.
Babukus
I love osu!direct and the files actually download faster on it than from the osu website.

For the overlapping bgms, do you mean the background music?

I just pause the background music when I go and download from osu!direct because it definitely is annoying, which is preventable by doing what I said before.

If it is slower to download beatmaps from and you're annoyed by it too, you don't have to use it.
Topic Starter
yakimikan
I know osu!direct is an amazing and handy feature and I'm really thankful for adding such a feature for supporters
but in fact, osu!direct is producing too many unnecessary clicks whenever I just want to open beatmap webpage and also even really slow downloading for players who don't actually want it.
I'm really sad to say that osu!direct always makes me really hesitate to support osu!. I'm so worried that osu! is losing some of its supporters just because of this mandatory gift. They may not choose to support osu! any more if there's none of change with this problem.

Note) I edited a bit of my words because they sounded like I was not appreciating my luck to have a fast connection..
Wishy
I used to have the same problem. osu!direct being slow as fuck compared to the normal download, and having to click the beatmap thing, wait for the tab on the right to come up so I can go to the map's website, so THEN I can click the download button and finally get my map. While without supporter I just click the link, click once again instantly since my browser is already open and it takes like 0.0001s to load the site, click and gg.

And yeah, the map's preview sound overlapping everything else is, for me, annoying as fuck. I wonder if osu!direct could get reworked so it would be more comfortable. Something like right clicking the /np link automatically downloading the beatmap (if you don't have it) and left click opening the beatmap's page. I don't know just dropping some ideas here, osu!direct is way too outdated and I still remember when buny gifted me supporter and I was like wtf not this shit again... thanks tho haha.
Oinari-sama
I guess the op is comparing bloodcat with o!d. No contest if u live in korea.

Instead of toggle o!d on/off, what about a toggle for music preview?
she_old
I'd love to be able to disable it at some times in chat. People link me several songs to show off their scores and in order to check them I'd have to click twice, and sometimes multiple times if I misclick on the wrong button. For downloading maps in multiplayer osu!direct is pretty handy though, just not for chat things ;n;

How about a shortcut key for a toggle