forum

How do i build and keep the feeling of intense in my beatmap?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sountren
SO, I've been struggling to keep the feeling of intense in my map, but I somehow don't know which part make it less intense.
TheKingHenry
if you don't know which part makes it less intense, good chances are you also don't know yet what things would make or keep the intensity you want, so the basic requirement here would be more experience and abilities as a mapper in general to better reach what you want

in any case, you can always try looking for maps you like, maps for songs that have similar structure to the song you are mapping, and so on, to check what they have done to achieve the desired intensity levels, and try to apply something like that to your own mapping
Endaris
Beatmap are mostly not supposed to be intense throughout.
What is important to make each part feel meaningful is that the level of intensity changes with the music.
E.g. if one part is calmer than another but still "intense", you should still map it less intense than the other one.
A map with ups and downs in intensity that relate to the music feels interesting but if you map everything on the same (high) intensity, it will just feel boring.
Chiru-kun
Maybe making the calm parts calmer will help