forum

[invalid] Customization of the thumbnail of maps

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Colgate Enjoyer
So I've noticed that the thumbnail of the maps have been changed very recently, where there is a small part on the left of the song and then a wider part on the rest of the thumbnail of the map which includes said small part and a little more of the complete background.

I'm not really sure if it's called thumbnail, but coming from youtube that's the only word I know to describe it lol.

Anyways, I noticed that the thumbnail is auto picked and focuses on the exact middle part of the picture/background, which sometimes looks weird when for example the character of the background is standing on the side, and thus the character which is probably the main focus of the background doesn't even show in the thumbnail, making for some weird looking ones.

My suggestion is that you let the mapper choose what part of the background shows in the thumbnail, therefore making for better looking ones, especially if the main focus of the background is not in the exact middle of it.

The map that caught my attention about this is Nanaki feat.GUMI - Mousou Kajitsu by Natsu : beatmapsets/524966#osu/1185510 .
The thumbnail is available to see by either searching this map in the beatmaps section of this website or looking for it in my favorited maps : users/20198397 (I think it'll show up in the bottom of the list).
As you can see in this example, the main focus of the background is the girl, but the thumbnail only shows the weird splashing paints that are on the walls, making for one weird looking thumbnail.

Thank you!
- Marco -
community/forums/topics/1293945

RockRoller wrote:

There have already talks about this on github and giving users the options to select the area is not planned.
Topic Starter
Colgate Enjoyer
Oh I see. Glad to hear that I wasn't the only one thinking about this. Thanks!