forum

Website new beatmap design

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nyapollon
Loving the new design, but the fact that it forces me to hover on every beatmap to see more details is actually frustrating.
Can we have at least an option for that?
https://prnt.sc/118m634
DanNoBan
I really don't like new design. Last one wat the best. RIP good looking betmap library >_<
ClevelandsMyBro
not a big fan. but at least the animation is pretty good. also there is literally no point for background on the cards anymore, like it wont from "realatively small" too "stupidly small to the point where you cant make up half of the background". might aswell just get rid of it.

but man idk, it probably will grow on me.
Asphiee
same here its good but theres some flaws
ICanNotDoSlider
It looks.. cramped I forgot the word but it feels like they put too many elements into the layout. I like the looks of it, but not the experience. I don't think I will ever get used to this one, tbh.

Also I don't know the point of smaller and wider images. Just pick one, or make them separate.
- Marco -
Sugar_owo
it really wasn't the best.. the last one was better and more easier to tell apart but oh well.
yilamos
Volta pro antigo pelo amor de deus
rematyar
Not really a fan of it. It is good tho, but I like the old version better.
wowcake

- Marco - wrote:

This might help https://twitter.com/ioexcepti0n/status/1380530894209871872 ?
thanks, needed this ^^
arghblargh
The entire thing is really cluttered. There's a lot of noise in each tile and too many tiles on the page at once. Feels like it was made compact just to be compact instead of addressing any usability issues.

Showing beatmap difficulties in the hanger on hover is fine, but I'm not sure how many people actually care about difficulty names. Edit: Looks like it's there to provide direct links to the specific beatmap page, but still seems like a lot of wasted space.

The biggest problem for me is the song source has been completely removed from the details and now requires me to click through to the beatmap page.
McEndu
It is just a step from the card design of old.ppy.sh
Zelzatter Zero
this situation reminds me of when people have to switch to the new website where we are now. Opinion can differs, bit still we have to adapt to the new one.