forum

I need help

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yello
I recently created a few maps and I cant add a background image to any of them. Every time I click a image in my folders to set as a background, it gives me this pop-up error that says "An error occurred during the important process. This could mean the image/video file is unreadable by osu!" then it pops up an error screen in osu. I've tried multiple images and they have said the exact same thing. I tried a video and it works so I don't understand why the background images aren't working.
THAT_otaku
what file type are the images you're trying to insert? Try removing any symbols from the file name of the images if there are any
Topic Starter
Yello
I can't really explain this well so ill tell you how I did it most of the time. he map was the op "Fiction" for wotokoi (Irrelevant) I would search wotokoi onto google and save a top image. I right-click the image and click "Save image as" and it automatically sets its file name to OIP and the file size I only have is JPEG and downloads. I thought it might've been something with the wotokoi images so I save just a random image I found on google and it shows the exact thing.
THAT_otaku
try creating a different map/edit one, are you able to add images to that map?
Topic Starter
Yello
nope, i cant. i think its the way my files are being saved. its saved as a JFIF file so do what you will with that information.
THAT_otaku
Yeah wouldn't be surprised if osu can't open that file type. Try converting an image to jpeg or png and try that. if you want to change how the images download, you'll probably have to try something like https://www.thinkmutoh.com/fix-for-windows-10-jpg-files-download-as-jfif/#:~:text=Sometimes%20Windows%2010%20saves%20JPG,the%20Windows%2010%20Creators%20update. be very careful with that solution though and as suggested in the post make a backup first.
Topic Starter
Yello
Thanks alot otaku, that solved the problem. Really appreciate it