forum

osu! Duo

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +6
Topic Starter
Guwberry
What if we do something that 2 players can play
One aim and one tap

It'll be good for relax and autopilot players

Tbh thats all i have to say ;-;
JustABeginner
Hi kingflumber!

Sure but what if one person lags - if playing online. It will not be synchronized with the gameplay, making it merely impossible to complete a beatmap.

I have nothing to say about local 2 players but I think it is best to keep your account to yourself.
Topic Starter
Guwberry
ngl i forgot about this post

JustABeginner wrote:

Hi kingflumber!

Sure but what if one person lags - if playing online. It will not be synchronized with the gameplay, making it merely impossible to complete a beatmap.

I have nothing to say about local 2 players but I think it is best to keep your account to yourself.
But what if we do it as a separate score?

Let's say one person plays as if they are on RX and the other on AP, at the end of the game, osu (or Bancho idk) will calculate the score and accuracy using some mathematical formula and display them.

The scoring should be like a person playing normally, with the misses and stuff.
Its like playing tag. I don't really know how the mechanics work but yea..

im a little drunk writing this so goocluck understanding
her everything
hmm that idea sounds great. it kinda resembles with tag but someone controls each other. that'll be fun. but yeah as jab stated, internet connection problems come in place and may ruin the performance. but nevertheless great idea

+1
Topic Starter
Guwberry
If the staff team can somehow make the score calculate differently..
Perhaps by combining the tapping and aiming score after the game ends (score display might take a while), it might be possible.
Of course it is bound to require a lot of work.
JustABeginner
For the scoring system, the idea you present seems fair since how each performance is calculated and overall it could be fun to do better, honestly.

As for my question posted last time:

Guwberry wrote:

Let's say one person plays as if they are on RX and the other on AP
I'll just going to refer to this one. Otherwise, everything else is out of topic. :v
I think I understand you mean by: One person will play RX mod without worrying when to tap and same goes to AP mod.
Honestly, that would work since this won't affect much about how 2 people are going to play on a real time.

Overall, a nice alternative duo tag-ish.
BlueChinchompa
Sounds fun!
his everything
I support the idea because more osu content to watch on Youtube lol
her everything

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

true, osu lacks content nowadays. i mostly see top plays and tournaments rn.
Stomiks

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

Sounds boring as hell since to watch it with other people since it'll essentially be clips of top players using relax and aimbot
Topic Starter
Guwberry
Sounds boring as hell since to watch it with other people since it'll essentially be clips of top players using relax and aimbot
This is definitely inevitable, but the community might have a way to make it entertaining like impossible plays for example.
npc_BeaniCraft
maybe for taiko, one player does the don's, and the other does the ka's.
Topic Starter
Guwberry
Remembered my thoughts from 2 years ago..

So what I was thinking was playing as if 2 person tapping and aiming in real time.
Basically saying, as if both player are playing side by side, if one misses the other will also miss, just like normal standard.

If player 1 (RX) misses, player 2 (AP) can't hit the note player 1 missed. Vice versa

While this might cause problem such like what JustABeginner said, connection problem. There is also a way to somewhat fix it, just need a little thinking.

If the above is not possible, then post-gameplay score calculation will replace it

BeaniCraft wrote:

maybe for taiko, one player does the don's, and the other does the ka's.
Something like this is possible
his everything

Aireunaeus wrote:

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

And osu clips by osu clippers too
Coolpersoncool

Guwberry wrote:

This is definitely inevitable, but the community might have a way to make it entertaining like impossible plays for example.
Maybe, But probably not.

edit: For example, osu! Clippers and tournaments, Like Aireunaeus said,

Aireunaeus wrote:

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

Oh yeah, Forgot the content showing skins, Another one of the only kinds of osu content we see nowadays, These are probably not gonna stop being made. So there is probably gonna be no good osu content now.