forum

[added] Renaming collections

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +266
Topic Starter
KosMos_pv
When I sorted my songs into collections I found that I named some collection wrong and I want to rename that collection. Now I need to re-add all songs from that collection to a new one with correct name and then delete old collection.
It will be better if there will be a button "Rename collection" near button "Delete collection".
Evanaire
Would be quite useful, even if you didn't named wrong but just wanna change to a better name.
Oinari-sama
Yeah need this
theowest
I'm sure this is going to be added anyway, it's such a no-brainer with a feature like this.
she_old
yes please!
Oinari-sama
Bumping.

Really need this. I tried renaming the names in collections.db but osu didn't like it.
TouchFluffyTail
On top of being able to rename collections, I'd really love if you could re-organize the list.
Piotrekol

Oinari-sama wrote:

Bumping.

Really need this. I tried renaming the names in collections.db but osu didn't like it.
because you also have to change a number of characters that's right before collection name(in hex editor).
Support~ .
Oinari-sama

Piotrekol wrote:

because you also have to change a number of characters that's right before collection name(in hex editor).
Support~ .
*facepalm* I should've thought of that =.=

Manual edit is just too fiddly to my liking.

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

On top of being able to rename collections, I'd really love if you could re-organize the list.
Yeah need that too.
TheVileOne
I posted this as an issue in the collection issue thread, but I want to BUMP it here as well. This absolutely needs to be supported.
HildasXD
support! :)
HildasXD
bump
TakuMii
Bumpity bump.
This definitely would make things a lot easier to manage.

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

This too.
Daisuke_old_1
pretty please!

Would really be awesome to have this!
Oinari-sama
I would've thought that Renaming and Re-organising the collections are so trivial that they would've been in game already.

Just imagine if you have a large collection of bookmarks to manage on your internet browser and it refuses to let you Rename or even Re-organise. It's really a major flaw to a feature and that's why I'm still using Folders for my "real collections."

Can we please get some serious considerations on this from the dev team?
Mollerz
Bumping, I'd very much like this also. Another thing I would like to do is to change the order of my collections, it's not ideal right now!
Stefan
well, yes. I have no idea why this isn't possible yet.

the best place to add this option is to right-click on the collection and then "Change Name" or sth else idk.
NaomiMinette
Supporting this as well.
Aka
supporting ~

m-maybe just to add a button like this?
MarioBound
YES!! The collections feature has a lot more potential than it currently has, it just needs more customization. I would have supported nut sadly I got no kudosus >:(
TheTrueNorth
Reviving because this is really needed.

Would be also nice to sort them in a way too. It bothers me when my 'AR modified' and 'OD modified' collections are nowhere near eachother.
Piotrekol

Celesti3k wrote:

Would be also nice to sort them in a way too. It bothers me when my 'AR modified' and 'OD modified' collections are nowhere near eachother.
There is already request for sorting collections
Would be nice to finally add this(and sorting) into osu! itself :/
ZZyrex
Bumping, would love this feature!
XoX
Bumping~~
This would be an amazing feature to add.
Hums
Collections are an important aspect of the game to me, I like to keep things as neat and orderly as I can, especially as the number of songs to manage is only getting larger. Any improvement with collections would be wonderful.
xasuma

theowest wrote:

I'm sure this is going to be added anyway, it's such a no-brainer with a feature like this.
You would think this would have been added a year later huh.. Nope
Shivarion

xasuma wrote:

theowest wrote:

You would think this would have been added a year later huh.. Nope
Peppy is forget that there's feature request section in forum :D
SnowflakeStreet
Voting for this.
I just made a type and now I have to readd tons of songs. ;_;
Oinari-sama

recursion78 wrote:

Voting for this.
I just made a type and now I have to readd tons of songs. ;_;
For time being check out this Collection Editor. Note that it's supported through the author.
Kuro
Added in test build~

deadbeat
smoogipooo to the rescue o/
FappyBabes
BUMP
Oinari-sama

prky wrote:

BUMP
Don't bump an added request :/
FappyBabes
its added? O_o
FappyBabes
i cant seem to find the rename button. ;P
Oinari-sama
It's in the test build.

Also next time don't double post, use the EDIT button instead.
FappyBabes
so its not actually released yet? soz about that, forgot...
Serena
Please! i hate my name :c
Amaotoko
Oinari-sama
Don't bump an added request unless you have something important to say :/

Locking to prevent further nonsense.