remove warmups
Noctalium
bring back warmups
2fast
Bring back warmups
BoberOfDarkness
Forced NF zzz
Tanomoshii Nekojou
Clearly everyone wants warmups removed... its a community consensus, not an internal discussion xD sarcasm

bring back warmups
Jakkubon
Bring Back warmups and Remove NF
Morusya
bring back warmups plz this is so fun
Terton
bring back warmups
Deif
bring back warmups
No. Walter already explained why in his post.
South Korea
>osu! is a community driven game!
>internal discussion overrules community opinion

pick one

bring back warmups
Arctaroll
Is there absolutely no way to discuss anything and maybe work out bringing them back but with some restrictions so that "time won't be wasted", or is it just a solid "no"?
Topic Starter
WalterToro

Arctaroll wrote:

Is there absolutely no way to discuss anything and maybe work out bringing them back but with some restrictions so that "time won't be wasted", or is it just a solid "no"?
It is a solid no for now, they had restrictions before and didnt work so it will keep like that for World Cups.
DataPata
Sadge

The custom maps are always fun to watch/play,
and warmups were where i removed the scoreboard pre-match (as multi and solo act independently).

RIP Warmup Era
Game Brain

WalterToro wrote:

Arctaroll wrote:

It is a solid no for now, they had restrictions before and didnt work so it will keep like that for World Cups.
I honestly don't care too much for warm-ups, but legitimate question, the game is community driven, and because one set of internal restrictions failed you just straight up ban one entire aspect of the match/viewing experience? That seems a bit extreme. Could at least test out other restrictions or be open to suggestions from the community instead of instantly just being absolute about the matter.
Arctaroll

WalterToro wrote:

Arctaroll wrote:

Alright. Seems like we'd have to wait until next year to at least see if anything proposed is enough to try them again...

Game Brain wrote:

I honestly don't care too much for warm-ups, but legitimate question, the game is community driven, and because one set of internal restrictions failed you just straight up ban one entire aspect of the match/viewing experience? That seems a bit extreme. Could at least test out other restrictions or be open to suggestions from the community instead of instantly just being absolute about the matter.
I don't know if it's because they don't have enough time to test it now or the old restrictions were meant to be good enough yet failed; but for now it's like putting the whole thing in stasis and locking it away in a treasure chest.
hrohoroko
bring back warmups
Mamat
I can't wait to see the mappool!
BoberOfDarkness
But whats the reason behind forcing NF?
jakeyb
how to give players axiety

step 1: not bringing back warmups some people get terrifyed if they dont know a map and will fail immediately
Chatie

Allow me to bring a compromise:

With custom maps in the mappool being a thing, why not have a custom warmup as well? This way, the organizers have total control over what map is played and can make sure the map fits to certain standards.

As mentioned:

A lot of time wasted being ready, specially from teams with awful download speed trying to download warmups
Organizers can decide the length of the warmup themselfs.

People pick BIG files for warmups to waste even more time
Again, organizers can cap the filesize. Since the warmup would be included with the mappool, there wouldn't be any long download times by any of the teams.

Client sometimes has issues loading files, restarting the client takes time too
Guess what, the warmup can be tested by staff before it gets included in the pool! Conveniently it's also one single map, so that shouldn't take too much time.

Matches start so late after warmups that ends going over the designated schedule missing other teams warmups.
Refer to point 2

Inappropriate warmups, some of those takes time to get why is inappropriate because of source, hitsounds, long mp3, bg, different language, etc.
Obviously won't be a problem anymore.

Warmups are uploaded close to the match so people have even less time to DL > more delays

While it's sad to see creative and funny warmups by the cwc teams go, I think this should be at least a decent option to consider.
nomod is meta
bring back warmups
XisK
bring back warmups
PepperJack
bring back warmups
BitDust
Bring back warmups
Sloppy
How do you participate in this tournament
Des9
bring back warmups
Hibari_Yagyu
OKAY SINCE U GUYS DONT WANT TO ADD THE MAPPOOL, I'LL LEAVE THIS HERE FOR EVERYONE

GROUP STAGE:

NoMod
- AAAA vs. Morimori Atsushi - Xrocus (Souvenir) [Rain] - beatmapsets/1419078#fruits/2923590
- Vivid BAD SQUAD - Fragile (Sinnoh) [Master] - beatmapsets/1441990#fruits/2966325
- Akira Complex x Hommarju feat. Yukacco - Connected (WRLD Remix) (Cut ver.) (-MomoX) [Integrity] - beatmapsets/1338331#fruits/2966330
- Reol & nqrse - Ooedo Ranvu (Pho) [Another] - beatmapsets/357544#fruits/952576

Hidden
- M2U - Tian Di Kai Pi (ZiRoX) [Rain] - beatmapsets/1441999#fruits/2966342
- Yu_Asahina - Ongaku -resolve- (Ascendance) [Mike x Benita's Rain] - beatmapsets/1442003#fruits/2966346
- Ariabl'eyeS - Kegare Naki Bara Juuji (Short ver.) (My Angel RangE) [Left's Insane] - beatmapsets/535277#fruits/1170869

HardRock
- Studio EIM - Raindrop Flower (F D Flourite) [Fulaoer] - beatmapsets/1442018#fruits/2966397
- USAO - Rampage (Rocma) [Platter] - beatmapsets/1442014#fruits/2966392
- nanobii - rainbow road (Natsu) [Insane] - beatmapsets/375073#fruits/823197

DoubleTime
- Eve - As You Like It (GIGACHAD) [Platter] - beatmapsets/1442026#fruits/2966405
- Minato Aqua - Shiroi Yuki no Princess wa (Secre) [Platter] - beatmapsets/1375156#fruits/2874509
- Yorushika - Yuunagi, Bou, Hana Madoi (Delis) [Insane] - beatmapsets/1029921#fruits/2154729

TieBreaker
- Muzzy - Spectrum (Greaper) [Refraction] - beatmapsets/1442175#fruits/2966667
Dedot
Aight since you guys doesn't add the sheet & pick'em on the wiki even on the matchday, i'll just leave it here

Sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTEm0YFPgQl6kNW81aYoF00x3kdH_XFzbFnkZ2gtNUDMgHkWPhQ9VdOmzNGS5wji5uTdyNlDGsdq2JU/pubhtml

pick'em:
https://pickem.hwc.hr/tournaments/58
arwab
Ro16 mappool