forum

Mp3 troubles

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BambooChutes
Hi! so I wanted to try mapping recently, but I don't know where to get the mp3 files to put into the osu! editor. Do I just find a youtube video and put it into a converter or what?
Zelzatter Zero
it's fine if you just do it for practice. Ranking the map will be another problem though, but you shouldn't worry too much abt that at this stage.

also just a reminder that the audio quality may be terrible when doing that, but if you're new to mapping just don't worry abt that as well.
Topic Starter
BambooChutes
So where do I get the Mp3 for when I try to make a ranked map? (Just want to know so I don't have to ask in the future)
Zelzatter Zero

BambooChutes wrote:

So where do I get the Mp3 for when I try to make a ranked map? (Just want to know so I don't have to ask in the future)
Bandcamp will be the first thing comes into my mind.
yeskpower

BambooChutes wrote:

Hi! so I wanted to try mapping recently, but I don't know where to get the mp3 files to put into the osu! editor. Do I just find a youtube video and put it into a converter or what?
I believe that making maps is very difficult, but with dedication it will work. good luck
Zelzatter Zero

yeskpower wrote:

BambooChutes wrote:

I believe that making maps is very difficult, but with dedication it will work. good luck
only hard if you don't know the fundamentals of mapping. Once you can do you can even just map a 2-min song within a day if you want.
sisig
You guys aren't even answering the question lmao.

Anyway, there are multiple ways to get audio for your mapping needs.

A great community to start with is the Audio Quality Assurance Discord server (https://discord.gg/TagudXw) which will hopefully sate your needs. If you need more information (which I can't disclose here because I don't want to get potentially banned) contact me in Discord at Sisig#5406 or DMs.

Happy Mapping.