forum

Can't find BN (I'm seriously stuck since several months, help)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Corne2Plum3
I'm looking for a BN for this map to get nominations, but no one want to check it (even leave a feedback) ;_;

I tried these methods to get a BN, but they didn't work:
  1. Trying to contact them directly by checking their profile: 1° less than 10% accepts requests and 2° the few of BN I could find didn't responded...
  2. Send the map to the mappers guild: I submitted my map more than 2 months ago and the request is still pending...
  3. Check the modding queue: there is a few BN/NAT in the modding queues. I asked a lot of them if possible but they didn't responded...
I don't have other solutions and I don't personally know BN or NAT.

Help please ;_; There is another way to find a BN?
All diffs were released 4 months ago...
ninore
your map is unrankable because there are several problems with it in general.
plus, you barely have any noticable amount of mods. mods are essential not only for polishing your map, but for getting feedback on your mapping style in general.

it's honestly really insane how you mapped a full set for a 6 minute map, but you are not experienced enough to make a rankable map.
i have been mapping for 10 months and i still am not sure if i can make a rankable map. i know people who have mapped for 2-3 years and finally got their first ranked map. it's just a matter of how much you map and how much feedback you get.

also, finding a bn in general is really hard. even if you do make a map good enough for ranked status, you still will have a lot of trouble getting 2 bns to accept your map, especially if you're an unranked mapper looking to get your 1st ranked map.
Sophie Twilight
Looking for BNs will only give you stress and demotivation on mapping. Not being rude, but it is better to have low expectations to what your map will be and give up if you feel like still wanting to map.
abraker

My Angel Nino wrote:

your map is unrankable because there are several problems with it in general.
plus, you barely have any noticable amount of mods. mods are essential not only for polishing your map, but for getting feedback on your mapping style in general.
Those problems should definitely be mentioned explicitly, or even better, posted in beatmap's discussions.
How many mods are required to be noticeable? I also read posts stating that having too many mods may give a bad impression as well.
Zelzatter Zero

My Angel Nino wrote:

most ranked maps don't even need mods at all, or too many mods can cause bad impressions like abraker said since that only proves your maps is fundamentally flawed from the start.

My Angel Nino wrote:

also, finding a bn in general is really hard.
It's insane how ppl still think that it's hard.

Map more. When your map starts to reach the state of actually meeting the ranking standard and not just purely abide to the RC, and with some outside social connections, getting BNs can be just a piece of cake.
Asphiee
yes, as Mahiro said keep your expectations low, just message a bn and ask if he could check your map out (or even straightforwardly ask for noms, i do this also since some bns prefer a straight-to-the-point approach), if he/she says no, then its a no. move on and find another bn. repeat that process till you get your jackpot.

and yes, regarding the rankability, that's another factor to take into account. if a bn says your map still has tons of stuffs to improve on or outright reject your map coz of unfixable stuffs (hence, a total remap) then you should consider ditching the set and move on to another song to map.

it takes a long time getting a bn but it's not that "hard". just don't take anything personally and be always mindful of your attitude and dont forget to respect one another.
Kloster

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

I'm looking for a BN for this map to get nominations, but no one want to check it (even leave a feedback) ;_;

1. Trying to contact them directly by checking their profile: 1° less than 10% accepts requests and 2° the few of BN I could find didn't responded...
  2. Send the map to the mappers guild: I submitted my map more than 2 months ago and the request is still pending...
  3. Check the modding queue: there is a few BN/NAT in the modding queues. I asked a lot of them if possible but they didn't responded...

you might want to read our pm chat again
Topic Starter
Corne2Plum3

Kloster wrote:

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

you might want to read our pm chat again
?
7ambda
Trying to get your map nominated is like applying for a high-paying job.

If you have the connections, effort is trivial.
If not, prepare to struggle for possibly years.

That's the harsh reality of it. If your goals with mapping are solely for ranked, then re-consider whether you should even continue.
Asphiee

J_8579 wrote:

That's the harsh reality of it. If your goals with mapping are solely for ranked, then re-consider whether you should even continue.
that might be true (i wont agree to it, or confirm it firsthand) but even being no-name as long as you treat and approach every bn right no matter how harsh their response might be, ull do fine.

patience and staying cool-headed is important. i have no connections to any1 who could vouch for me but surprisingly got 8 bns (excluding ex-bns i got before the bubble), idk i dont rly concern myself with those "circlejerking" issue and those stuffs about connections. i mean if bn likes ur map and they open, ofc u get urself a nomination. might take a long time but result makes the wait worth it

what happens, happens. instead of ranting and dissing some bns about their "work" ethic and stuff, i think a good reputation as a mapper would maybe help you more in getting bns in the future. maybe a bn would miraculously notice ur chillax attitude and somehow help you
abraker
Also this site might help in selecting BN most appropriate to check your map: https://bnstats.rorre.xyz/users/
TheKingHenry

J_8579 wrote:

Generally you're not wrong, but just like with high-paying jobs, having good qualifications may be sufficient, or will at the very least make it easier, regardless if you have connections or not. That's my personal experience with both mapping and jobs at least ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Ideal if of course having both

abraker wrote:

I also read posts stating that having too many mods may give a bad impression as well.
You're right, but I rarely see so many mod points in a thread that I'd actually be concerned, typically people are just more or less impatient and mods simply won't pile up that much before the rush for the next stage begins. So yeah, this is valid, but not really something anyone would need to actually worry about in my experience. Then again, what counts as "concerning number of mods" will be different for different people ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Topic Starter
Corne2Plum3
The problem is I don't even know if the map is good or not... I'm confused...
Asphiee

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

The problem is I don't even know if the map is good or not... I'm confused...
maybe ask for a quick check and stuff from bn or ask for some roasting by a mapper. ive asked few bns in the past to check my lower diffs coz i horribly suck at making them, bn will instinctively point things out and before you know it youre getting a quick but helpful mod.
SaltyLucario
sorry if this sounds mean, but the reality is that the map you linked will never reach rankable quality without complete remap, so id suggest to just dont waste more time on it (maybe except getting an opinion what to focus on improving in next map) and move on to new project, as getting nitpicky mods for this wont lead you forward

i think this is a really good mindset to have as new mapper in general - map one diff, get general feedback, move on until you map something that can actually be improved through normal modding. if you don't have friends just try to politely ask someone experienced in pm's - theres quite a few people that even state on profile they give feedback to new players, including some bns
jschlatt stan

SaltyLucario wrote:

sorry if this sounds mean, but the reality is that the map you linked will never reach rankable quality without complete remap, so id suggest to just dont waste more time on it (maybe except getting an opinion what to focus on improving in next map) and move on to new project, as getting nitpicky mods for this wont lead you forward

i think this is a really good mindset to have as new mapper in general - map one diff, get general feedback, move on until you map something that can actually be improved through normal modding. if you don't have friends just try to politely ask someone experienced in pm's - theres quite a few people that even state on profile they give feedback to new players, including some bns
^^