forum

[web]Forum feature: "Copy this code" button

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +6
Topic Starter
Flower

^^^^
Roughly it's like this.

We use the "code" code a lot while modding, discussing about mapping, and submitting GDs.
The problem is: some codes are quite long, like GD codes, and someone may not have better places to share the text file.
The solution should be simple: add a "Copy this code" button right above the code box, so that we don't need to draaaaaaaag down to select the code, while the button does not spoil current format.

I strongly recommend add such a gadget which would benefit a lot. Thank you for reading.
deadbeat
i don't think there's a need for this. why have a "copy this code" feature when the modder could just paste a screenshot of an idea?
MMzz

deadbeat wrote:

i don't think there's a need for this. why have a "copy this code" feature when the modder could just paste a screenshot of an idea?
Posting the code used to be very popular for people who couldn't make the slider shapes someone was suggesting or just couldn't get something quite right. These are usually occupied with a picture. If these are still in frequent use it would be nice, but can't you just right click -> copy the code area?

People also use [code] to post .osu too, it would be very nice to copy those instantly.
dkun
This would be very nice to implement as well. I wouldn't mind this being put in since .osu manual editing would be much easier.

IE: modder gives a suggestion with a .osu edit so it's easier for the mapper.
mapper goes: oh thanks! let me put this on my map now by just copying the code! *clicks copy*
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
yes, support

wwwwwwwww
Winshley
Since the forum attachment feature are already disabled, why not?

I know some people used the [code] feature as the alternative to uploading the guest difficulties to puush (which is a very long code).
theowest
or why not "Select this code", (which can also be done manually by double clicking, so I don't see much of a point in this request). Then you can copy it if you want.

sdasdsa sidasijd asoidjaisjd äaslödäas
chaotic_iak
You can't double click to select more than one word right?
Topic Starter
Flower

theowest wrote:

or why not "Select this code", (which can also be done manually by double clicking, so I don't see much of a point in this request). Then you can copy it if you want.

sdasdsa
"Select this code" is in fact useful. In many browsers you cannot select the whole section with simple click.
theowest

chaotic_iak wrote:

You can't double click to select more than one word right?
oh yeah, that's right. The "Select this code" might be useful then.
Kodora
Bump and support, it will made modding much easier.
Oyatsu

Kodora wrote:

Bump and support, it will made modding much easier.
FrzR
Yes please. =w=
Koiyuki
yeah, I support this.
sometime we give gds to the mapper also use codes of the .osu file
with copy codes will become much easier with gd mapping and modding
Sounds sweet.
Topic Starter
Flower
Bump for more discussion. Nearly a year later and I am still dragging down the screen and always miss some codes several times. Why...
FabulousCupcake
Made an unofficial, temporary userscript for this.
I think this'll help until it's officially added to the forums :roll:
Underforest
pls