forum

no fail mod [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
yukihyo
I'm thinking that the no fail mod putting you down to half your score should only take effect if it's needed. Like the sudden death mod, it is activated when you miss a note, i think that the no fail mode should half your score when you reach the fail point, i guess that's it, hopefully this at least gets a thought or two

Edit: i forgot to include a reason as to why i think it should be this way. I think it should be that no fail doesn't affect your score until you fail because some people put it on just in case but if it's not needed then they end up with a horrible score, and some people, myself included sometimes, don't want to do the same song more than once.
theowest
As good as this might sound, I fear it would be too unusual to change this behaviour as of right now. I guess many will consider this request invalid.

Wouldn't it be better to have a request for a reducing HP drain rate mod? Or letting you change it, even to the point of no fail.
Aqo
Isn't this basically asking to have nofail constantly enabled

I actually support the idea but I'm sure a lot of people won't like this since this is the kind of thing you need to decide at the beginning.

(personally I think HP drain shouldn't be in a rhythm game to begin with, but since it's here...)
VoidnOwO
:)
Cobra
At first it seems like a good idea, but then if you think about it, it doesn't work out.

It ruins the risk of the mod - putting it on, and hoping that you don't end up doing amazing and not even come close to failing.
Just seems like a bad idea.
Topic Starter
yukihyo

Aqo wrote:

Isn't this basically asking to have nofail constantly enabled
yes and no, it's if you have it enabled you're score will be halved when the song is finished if you hit the fail mark, but if you don't have it enabled you'll just fail and go to the retry or quit menu
VoidnOwO
:)
South
if you want there to still be a risk in putting on nofail you could set it up so that it is still a mod and when turned on you get 0.93% regular score. than if u fail once in the song your score is automatically halfed at the end.
Oinari-sama
Thought I've seen this somewhere else:

t/14112/
Aqo
Why do people want risks

risks are stupid

either you played good or not, this isn't about luck...
Winshley
I'll mark this as duplicate. Please use the thread that Oinari-sama linked to.