forum

Left hand jacks

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SoMe_1
While doing jackhammers, I noticed my right hand is way quicker and more consistent. It can go up to 10 KPS on one lane jacks, while my left hand can barely keep up 9. Some things to note is that my left hand is my non-dominant hand, and it feels less comfortable while doing the jackhammer patterns. Are there any tips on how to improve my jackhammer skill on my left hand?
ICanNotDoSlider
Sadly, I think a lot of people has this problem between dominant and non-dominant hand. You should just train your left hand. Try playing maps that have hand bias or create your own. I personally do this for my right hand with stamina and I think it's going pretty well (but not blazing fast).
Zelzatter Zero
yeah dominant and non-dominant hands are a big factor here. Unless both your arms are dominant (which is unlikely to happen despite it exists) you'll encounter this problem in one way or another. Maybe either trying to make your own maps that focused on your left hand or finding one.
Lights
i've found chordjack and longjack files are the best way to brute-force it. nothing to do but grind until you get a feel for higher speeds.
[LS]PositoniX
(tldr at the bottom) this level of desparity between your hands isn't even that bad compared to what i used to and others i know have, so you're not doing that bad.

one of the biggest challenges in mania is not getting bottlenecked by your weak hand. there's unfortunately not much to combat this directly since it boils down to your non dominant hand being naturally weaker. you can try playing 2k though i doubt the benefit would be too great. just go down to the level where your non dominant hand is comfortable and build up from there.

unless you're ambidextrous or coming to mania from another game than you'll probably always have some level of bottleneck on your left hand, though going down to the level where your right hand is very comfortable but your left hand is just barely comfortable is a good place to start.

tldr: play maps which you can barely comfortably hit with your left hand instead of maps you struggle with your right hand on
bruhmomentxddd
i suck at jacks with my right middle finger
i found out because dark sheep hard on robeats
SuperPoggyWoggy

SoMe_1 wrote:

While doing jackhammers, I noticed my right hand is way quicker and more consistent. It can go up to 10 KPS on one lane jacks, while my left hand can barely keep up 9. Some things to note is that my left hand is my non-dominant hand, and it feels less comfortable while doing the jackhammer patterns. Are there any tips on how to improve my jackhammer skill on my left hand?
just get better
Tachyon
i love chordjack
ok bye
i love chordjack
Blue9485
i love chordjack
bruhmomentxddd
Jack main now