forum

SoftRock mode [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
XEPCOH
As many people say that HR is too difficult for playing (especially in CTB where HR costs 1.12x), I suggest making a new mode - SoftRock:

-- In standard mode there is a very uncomfortable feature for FL players - "mirroring" the beats so playing with SR would disable this and memorizing would be better. And that's why multiplier of it should be decreased into 1.03-1.04x (as for me - 1.04x because mirroring is not so necessary).

-- In CTB, there are problems, described there. Implemention of SR would disable the randomity of fruits and AR with CS would be like in ordinary HR and multiplier should be decreased to 1.06x because randomity is a much bigger problem than mirroring.

I don't know what should be changed in taiko and mania mode, your suggestions are appreciated^^
jesse1412
The mirroring in standard probably makes it easier for anyone that isn't stealing ranks with FL. I dislike this because it gives standard flashlight plays yet ANOTHER available option over DT (HR+HD+FL > SR+HD+FL > DT+HD). From what I can see this is a more CTB specific request, it really doesn't have a place in standard but that's just my opinion.

I have no idea about CTB though.
VoidnOwO
:)
jesse1412

BRBP wrote:

jesus1412 wrote:

The mirroring in standard probably makes it easier for anyone that isn't stealing ranks with FL. I dislike this because it gives standard flashlight plays yet ANOTHER available option over DT (HR+HD+FL > SR+HD+FL > DT+HD). From what I can see this is a more CTB specific request, it really doesn't have a place in standard but that's just my opinion.
Typical, nothing else matters than how fast you can jump and stream. And FL scores are basically cheating because you clearly suck as a player if you have to use it instead of DT, right?

The whole point of map-specific rankings is to see who got the best score in that particular map, not who's the better player. If you really take the time to memorize the entire map with HD FL, and even add SR in there, you really should get that #1 over that one pro who's just retrying every song a couple of times to get that 99% HD DT.

One thing about FL is that it gives you a lot of PP, so that a FL player playing [hards] can be ranked a lot higher than a DT player playing [insanes].
That's you problem, isn't it?

tl;dr: We need this in osu! standard as well.
No my problem is that it gives flashlight players another option over DT. It's kind of pointless in standard if the only difference is the map isn't flipped. I already don't care about pp ranking so I don't care about the pp people gain from playing FL although yes, I do think a 5 try rank 1 DT HD score form a pro player is better than a 900 try FL HD HR play from a scrub but that's irrelevant completely.
eldnl
Yes HR is too hard, let's change DT in standard because it is so hard too.
And let's change HD in ctb in slow maps, because it is too hard ... and flashlight in AR9+ maps too ...
MillhioreF
For what it's worth, I don't really agree with this either, but it's the only way I could ever see Rubytic's idea even come close to being implemented.
Even if SoftRock would be 1,06x it would be often unfair against DT.

This is to say, many maps are really hard with DT and luckily (I say luckily because they finally leave the challenge to DT and not to the boring HR as always) impossible with HR, SR would make them easier than DT, especially for the players who can read high ARs like 10, and would be really unfair for DT players and all the existing DT scores.
ursa

119410501 wrote:

Even if SoftRock would be 1,06x it would be often unfair against DT.

This is to say, many maps are really hard with DT and luckily (I say luckily because they finally leave the challenge to DT and not to the boring HR as always) impossible with HR, SR would make them easier than DT, especially for the players who can read high ARs like 10, and would be really unfair for DT players and all the existing DT scores.
I agree , cus generaly some mod (DT & FL) are limited into ar8 for human limit (even expecienced player will said it's hard) but it's hard because of the mod itself.

& the apperance of SR will makes the ctb playing become one sided (ex: player who had played some mod will be addicted to play that mod )
so in the end , maybe many player will ignore to play specific mod like DT & FL. so i think this mod is just to make more easier & make more player to play (HR & SR), but in the other hand it'll make other more player will decreased dramaticly ( especially most of player want a better record & they'll choose to play SR because it just raises the AR & lowering the CS, not the pattern). so it'll make SR to become a mod that makes those who play had a good ) not better record
Yes, especially, also all ar9 maps designed to be done with HD only, would get taken by SR, AR9 DT would die too, and in general, DT would die.
MillhioreF
For the sake of discussion, what if SoftRock was 1.03x?
Seph
that would be still unfair on maps that are only fcable with HD, since said maps are most probably hard because of low AR but the patterns are weird, hence hard to HDDT/HDHR (hard to HR fc because of the pattern changes, but with softrock that would just increase AR and stuff it would be easier) fc (i.e. this map)
VoidnOwO

MillhioreF wrote:

For the sake of discussion, what if SoftRock was 1.03x?
standard or ctb?
Big and Busty
l2p plz
Topic Starter
XEPCOH

Big and Busty wrote:

l2p plz
^this
I suggested SR because of Rubytic's and Millhiore's ideas.
Mara
Wait, what?

Are you saying that you are against your own suggestion?
Topic Starter
XEPCOH

Mara wrote:

Wait, what?

Are you saying that you are against your own suggestion?
lol yeah but SR can cost less than DT and it will be normal for almost every CTB player
SR would ruin HD playing even if 1,01x.
Leave the game as it is. Thank you.
MeGl
I think that sr must only increase ar and be 1.03x.
jesse1412

MeGl wrote:

"let's let people pick their approach rate whilst rewarding them for it!"

Let's not.

MeGl wrote:

Seriously you'd prefer seeing all CTB fucked up by "SoftRock"??
MillhioreF
You know what? Literally nobody seems to like this idea, so I think I'll just deny it x.x