forum

Deactivate Story-Boards without passing Maps before [invalid] [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Kagu-chan
Hello,

i want to disable all my story-boards without passing a song first.
I cant see a different between video and storyboard, booth confusing eventually while playing and booth makes osu! lagging on some computers (most maps i cant play because of hard laggs if there a storyboard). So i´m wondering why i have to pass a map to disable storyboard - and videos i can disable complete in settings.

If this _not_ possible (which reasons ever) so i want to disable storyboards automatic (like videos in settings) and this rule deactivate storyboards if i have passed a map.
Saten
I would say "if passing a difficulty within a mapset, you should be able to disable the storyboard in any difficulty if it's identical" would be a better request.

It's already possible on beatmaps with epilepsy warning.
But yeah, not every beatmap with heavy SB has epilepsy warning enabled.

I'm pretty sure that this has been denied before.
chelly
Storyboarding is something that the mapper made and/or put together him/herself, just like the skin and hitsounds of a map. It's what makes a particular map unique from other mapper's mapsets of the same song. Video, on the other hand, can be disabled because it can be shared between different mapsets and wasn't really put together at all by the mapper(s).

You're thinking that storyboard is important/the same as video, when it's more closely related to the skin and unique-ness of the beatmap itself.
Noobita
well, this thread won't last long
Topic Starter
Kagu-chan
@Noobita: Don´t undersand...
@PikaPika677: I think its nearly the same. But the problem for me is not really the board byself, i could dim the background complete and have a black screen, the same effect by some beatmaps without background and with storyboard - disable storyboard and you have a black screen.
My problem is that my computer is lagging on some storyboards.

- I play a map - screenflashes from storyboard - laggs and fail
- I play the map with NF-Mod to pass the map
- I play the map without storyboard - no laggs and no fails...

Would storyboards not brings osu! to lag, than it would dont matter me, but so i dont like to play maps with mods only that i can pass and enjoy them...

@Saten: Your idea is good, too. But you can now "disable" - only dim the background. The different here is that the sb is loaded and so can drop the performance... if it disabled then not.
chelly
Regardless, this feature will not likely be implemented. Storyboarding is a part of a map that the mapper intended you to play with, and it's not going to be disabled without first passing the map beforehand. I don't make the rules, that's just how it is here, really.

If you're experiencing lag issues, I get it. It's not really your fault. The best thing to do now is to limit some of the graphical options in the Options menu if you haven't already, or just getting a better system overall. If neither of these does the trick, maybe your system is simply too weak to run osu!.

For performance, the only settings I have enabled in Options are Combo Bursts and Background Video. Everything else slows down my system (especially snaking sliders).
VoidnOwO
:)
Saten

BRBP wrote:

Saten wrote:

I'm pretty sure that this has been denied before.
Several times.
Found one t/103503

But like I mentioned before

Saten wrote:

I would say "if passing a difficulty within a mapset, you should be able to disable the storyboard in any difficulty if it's identical" would be a better request.
This would allow you to play the easier difficulties so you can play the more challenging difficulties
This is not really a solution, but more like a workaround of some kind
You can also remove the SB elements please don't do it also that won't be possible in the future
theowest
t/120054/
t/114852/
t/103503/

hard to find many others. let's just say it's always going to be denied.