forum

notification sound when bosskey in use [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
DX5536
It's kinda annoying when my friend send me a message while i'm using bosskey and when i'm back, my friend is already off.
Can you guys somehow add a notification sound?or pops up etc.

If
you said "then why you even use the bosskey?", then i'm gonna ask you "what is the bosskey for anyway?"

ps: sorry for my noob english.
jemhuntr
<3
Mara

DX5536 wrote:

"what is the bosskey for anyway?"

Wikipedia wrote:

The purpose of the boss key is to make it appear to superiors and coworkers that an employee is doing his or her job, when they are actually playing games or using the Internet for non work-related tasks. This was a fairly common feature in early computer games for personal computers (discounting the Internet part, which wasn't available yet), when most boss keys were used to show dummy DOS prompts. The use has faded somewhat as modern multitasking operating systems have evolved. However, some programs still retain a boss key feature, such as instant messaging clients or their add-ons.
Adding pop-ups or sounds will ruin the whole purpose of this feature.
theowest

Mara wrote:

Wikipedia wrote:

The purpose of the boss key is to make it appear to superiors and coworkers that an employee is doing his or her job, when they are actually playing games or using the Internet for non work-related tasks. This was a fairly common feature in early computer games for personal computers (discounting the Internet part, which wasn't available yet), when most boss keys were used to show dummy DOS prompts. The use has faded somewhat as modern multitasking operating systems have evolved. However, some programs still retain a boss key feature, such as instant messaging clients or their add-ons.
Adding pop-ups or sounds will ruin the whole purpose of this feature.
I agree! You do see a notification the first time you use it.
Topic Starter
DX5536
Oh, sorry. I didn't read read the meaning of this feature.