forum

How do I use my second finger?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
i hate pp farm
I can only use one finger accurately. I can only accurately hit bursts or short streams that lead into a slider. I've looked at almost every post on here and Reddit that is related to streaming abilities. I've tried slow BPM, I've tried beat map sets, long stream map practice, large CS on maps like Ice Angel, using different switches, using O-rings, and many more things I have read surfing through forums. I just can't improve, and my streaming ability is just as good as when I was first started playing the game (maybe I can hit bursts/NF stream maps with better accuracy but not good).

The exact problem is I always start streams/bursts/short-streams off good, maybe the first ~five notes, then I always end up speeding up. If I am actively trying to slow down, my hands just wholly die, and I'll just go way too slow.

Now, If you were in a similar situation, what worked for you?

Thank you for reading, and I appreciate genuine replies.
Crysisters
i mean the obvious answer is
zesteas
Its comes naturally if you use both when you’re just starting out but since it’s too late, yeah what the guy above had to say ^^
wowcake
As above said, Play more, it will come naturally, and, try to play maps that contain alot of triple notes or bursts and just try using your second finger, You should adapt to it slowly, Remember, nothing is instantaneously
somebody_33
So, your second finger should be used to alternate if necessary. That's all I know.
Try to build that muscle memory so you get used to it.
Sprenzy
One thing is listen carefully to the music. pay attention to the beat of the music, dont ever pay attention to the approach circle unless its at the start of a song or starting. and read ahead at least 3-4 circles

constantly try to be as relaxed as possible

try rehabilitating your fingers by living in 2-3 star maps

when you use your other finger try not to emphasis on it just push it as naturally as possible one reason. remember, fundamentals is KING dont let the circles control you, you control the circles
Asphiee
Play taiko
somebody_33

Asphiee wrote:

Play taiko
OFC. Taiko is how I built my finger strength.
11 - MIKADO
move it, i dare you not to
s7ana
I had to be mindful of when and how to use my other finger and pretty much changed how I play for when I transitioned from single tapping everything to how I am presently. I'm like a weird mix now due to me somehow having a mental block when learning, so I'm like 3/4 an alternator. Just personal rule system I have to use. It personally probably took like maybe 3-6 months or so I don't remember, to get back to playing at my normal performance (I'm slow maybe.).

I did find it helping to play harder difficulties after the fact and I did improve performance though. The below rules you shouldn't follow unless you want to potentially hurt your brain (did for me at first) if you're already concrete in how you play.

My rule was to basically alternate, but I can't use my other finger when doing sliders unless it's like a stream of sliders. Any single notes after a slider, I HAVE to switch to the other finger for it. If there are still single notes, it's just do normal alternating there (Since it was slower, and needed to get used to using other finger.). If I have to go back to a slider again I have to go back to using original finger.

If there's like a fast triplet; two singles on top of a slider, you can use other finger on slider if needed. Because allocating brain energy to do a quick 2-1-1 (finger notation) consciously can end up as inaccuracy. On some odd note combinations you actually end up using original finger twice when transitioning from single to slider when possible i.e no triplet or higher whether stacked or not.

My older replays do not have me playing this way. And I can provide replays if needed.

I got used to that since I did it for a few months so I ended up permanently playing that way since my brain got wired weird to actually do it all reasonably accurate for my skill level but I ended up being able to transition to streams without feeling physically awkward which was my original goal.

For accuracy on streams longer than 5 notes, you can just potentially grab the feel of the alternation speed from the first two streams that you encounter in that song. Memorize it and adapt and attempt to recreate the feeling of the first five notes and hold that consistency for the whole stream to the best of your ability. To a certain degree, it's just an endurance of mental focus that you have to train on and hopefully not physical endurance. You may have to use this inner sense ability more adeptly and take small mental notes throughout a song, for the ones that have a changing sense of tempo. You'll be able to feel when you have to change your internal clock by how you hear the song or visually see the change.

For streams that starting from beginning to end, begin to stretch out the spacing between notes or either seemingly the timing gradually becomes slower; It's more about reading and hopefully the inner sense from above has improved to be almost subconscious and is capable of adapting mid-stream instead.

Just remember to keep your cursor in the center of the "eye of the storm" for streams as well. Follow that, while using the above points you may or may not need to have to try individually reading/or thinking of moving to each note but as a smooth movement.
Voidedosu
Dude. Look at how old this thread is. Why are you making a long-ass post on a thread 10 months old?

Stop making posts to threads literally months old. The amount of people who are stupid enough to not even check the thread's creation date is too fucking high.