forum

Mouse: One reason you don't want to play mouse anymore

posted
Total Posts
show more
chelly
How are you guys running out of desk space? My mouse NEVER hits the boundary of my mousepad, ever.

Diagram of my mousepad in actual size:
http://imageshack.us/a/img213/5093/04052013.png

I use a wireless mouse at x1.4 sensitivity btw
Sup A Noob
Imperator.

In other news, I'm still mousing. A different one.
NixXSkate

Sup A Noob wrote:

Imperator.
so many Razer mice have god awful z-tracking, i was also a victim of the Imperator

anyway for me it's spinning, i would do anything to spin better. idk how people like kyuten or Inozuma spin so fast yet controlled with mice
TamaraMarie

Lybydose wrote:

Useless in mania
Kanye West
Wow how do you guys run out of desk space with a mouse? I play 270 dpi 6/11 and have plenty of space.
TakuMii

Kanye West wrote:

Wow how do you guys run out of desk space with a mouse? I play 270 dpi 6/11 and have plenty of space.
do you lift
Naikaze
Same as OP...
ethox
I'm in a terrible need of a new table. I should use a wider spread on my hands which is not possible at the moment and each time I try to spin >440 monitor starts to shake and the table feels like it'll fall apart. That and my arms are quite retarded not always remembering the grip so it's tedious to find it over and over again for different map styles.

If I had a better table I'd see no cons using mouse over tablet.
Winshley

ethox wrote:

If I had a better table I'd see no cons using mouse over tablet.
^ This. I don't have proper surface to play sometimes, as I'm playing on laptop such as right now (using bed as the table, which is totally uncomfortable). Kinda sucks that I often travel around with it.

On another note: the reason I'll still stick with mouse is because tablets are expensive anyway, and I would prefer playing with on-screen tablet (even more expensive) because I sucked so hard playing with my sister's WACOM Bamboo Fun tablet.
primrose
Hard. but fun for me (a bit, not really)

Also I suck 10x with a mouse. Srsly
Stregan
Having a combo break after spinners in double time
Jordan
I run out of space everytime
3€ mice
It loses tracking at random

There are A LOT of other things which limit my aiming skill but these are the main reasons
Azer
On long maps with no breaks, my mouse slides a little and I always end up in a weird hand position and it fucks up my accuracy.
Kalas_old
for me, I am better with tablet than mouse and also its more fun for me.
Glass

Lybydose wrote:

Useless in mania
real
Karazeru
- Sometimes I crush my hands and move it in a way on fast songs where I twist my wrist by mistake when I panic on missing. It hurts the sides of my hands due to how I hold it.

- If it's a wireless mouse, it's REALLY annoying cause it skips alot when you least expect it.
chelly

Karazeru wrote:

- If it's a wireless mouse, it's REALLY annoying cause it skips alot when you least expect it.
I think that's just you and your low quality mouse.
Karazeru

PikaPika677 wrote:

Karazeru wrote:

I think that's just you and your low quality mouse.
Well it's a Logitech M305. Though I have no idea how old it is... Besides, it seems to work most of the time, it's just sometimes it skips. I really have no idea how wireless mouse works, or if signals can screw it up or not.
djjsixpack
Because when my mouse gets locked in a slow motion of going in a big circle like in the map Chloe, my mouse eventually slides off the desk so I can't S it unless I pause every 30 seconds and reposition.

I think it's a more fun play style though, except for cursor dancing lol.

Well it's a Logitech M305. Though I have no idea how old it is... Besides, it seems to work most of the time, it's just sometimes it skips. I really have no idea how wireless mouse works, or if signals can screw it up or not.
Wireless mice have a really high polling rate which makes playing faster maps literally impossible unless you have a really good one. In any case, they are garbage for osu!.
winber1
Having drawing experience, I have a easier time with finger/wrist movement rather than arm/wrist movement.

well i kinda use my arm too with tablet, but not as much. also holding a pen is more natural
Anzo
My hand hurts (mouse only)
jemhuntr
because it's a mouse.
Synchrostar
pen is lighter than mouse, better for my wall when i throw stuff at it
Frostmourne
It's really hard to keep consistent while playing (not really stable)
Tsukimi Luna
Because i dont want to rebuild my aim from scratch again...
Even if its more stable.....

PLaying with a wireless mouse is the last thing you should do...
I used to play with a wireless logitech mouse with x4 dpi meaning 4,000 dpi
I dont even know how i played that settings back then
But during that time
I was stuck, like there was a brick wall in front of me (Could only play easy insanes)
I only moved on after reducing my sens and getting a wired mouse and started using the keyboard
Wireless mouse tend to slide away a lot and is extremely unstable

Tablet makes single tapping so ez <3
usa
wrist destroyer
-Soba-
mouse makes the game too easy
TocoToucan
1) It hurts.
2) Accuracy becomes unstable while playing a beatmap(after 1-2 minutes).
GreenT34
Since I can play around with my properties and settings...I have my mouse configured at 3800dpi. Before I ever reached that high, I played on a much lower dpi, like around the 1500 area. As I'd play more and more Osu, and realize I could do so much more without moving around my entire arm, I'd train my hand to adjust to the settings accordingly. Yeah, sometimes my wrist does hurt, but being able to make very minimal movements helps a lot. I have the smallest space for my mouse available next to my giant of a keyboard, and it's really all I need.
Aqo
I played some mouse today and had a ton of fun. Screw this thread \ : D /
Kanye West
Yeah mouse is the best, screw the haters.
puncia
I still like a lot playing with mouse; I don't play with it actively anymore though. My hand always gets so wet after a while the mouse goes everywhere ;w;
Nosher_old
because im terrible at the game
Akimari_old
I play with a mousepad and I'm not.. that bad. It's just hard to move your finger quickly from one place to another.

I'm going to present this thread to my mom with the topic "Another reason you should buy me a tablet"
VoidnOwO
:)
Zerostarry

Puncia wrote:

I still like a lot playing with mouse; I don't play with it actively anymore though. My hand always gets so wet after a while the mouse goes everywhere ;w;
lewd~

The only reason i'd switch is that my mouse falls off the mousepad sometimes when maps have too much left or right motion
meiikyuu

Kanye West wrote:

Yeah mouse is the best, screw the haters.
Yoeri
I kept accidentally lifting it.
Also unable to make small circles while spinning.
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
i play mouse because i'm a cat, nyanyanya (?
enik

[CSGA]Ar3sgice wrote:

i play mouse because i'm a cat, nyanyanya (?
LOL

I don't play mouse because I don't know how to hold it without losing control after any jump.
show more