forum

Can’t get back into anime (serious post)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Akumace1
One of my favorite things ever is anime. It’s introduced me to so many things and I don’t care if it makes me a beta cuck or whatever I like it. But recently I’ve been going through a lot of personal things and for some reason I just lost the urge. I want to get back into watching but I can’t. I pick something up and drop it after one or 2 episodes. I take breaks every 2 minutes to scroll through Twitter or play a video game and totally forget about anime. Right now I am going through the worst part of my life so far and it’s gotten so bad. Usually I have anime to escape the worries of the world but now that I can’t get back into it I don’t have a way to cope anymore. I’ve started watching redo of a healer which I like tbh (don’t flame me for that lmao) but I still don’t feel that spark again. Any tips would be appreciated. Here is my mal if you think there might be something I will like please let me know
https://myanimelist.net/profile/a8z
Asphiee
its that gooey stuff called depression, you probably have lots of stuff in your mind-- maybe an event that changed u, or self-loath... you can also get depressed if you cant find validation from those around you.

i just woke up and i may be saying things too off-topic but idk if theres another reason.

idk man, i may sound cheesy but its better than to ignore.

maybe change your routine for a week or so, talk to some people whore mature enough to handle discussions. nets and video games prevents you to have sounder perspective of things, take time off. maybe you also dont realize it yourself that ure slowly breaking, it takes another person to point that out for you.

ive had that where whatever i watch or do just doesnt feel anything...no spark, no joy when doing what you used to love, just nothing...

i know, cheesy or cringe...thats how people see those people who delve deep into an issue but ya never know you hit the bullseye

ill just give those typa people my Shrug of Dont-Give-An-F

Youre not weird for liking Redo...theres a good number of people who likes it
Sugar_owo
Depression or something similar my friend. It sucks, I know.

I've kinda lost the feel for anime too, so i have no clue how to help. I'd just do what works best for you. I hope you're doin' well then :>
animeslayergp
code red,i repeat code red,looks like i have to throw you some good anime,

1.jujutsu kaisen

2,jobless reincarnation

3.naruto

4.konosuba

5.reincarnated as a slime

6.food wars

7.bleach

8.one piece

9.noragami

10.prison school

11.one punch
Angelinthedark1
i was in a similar sort of rut for a while but im slowly getting back into anime. what i recommend is get a crap ton of recommendations for anime and just keep trying to watch until one sticks. personally Hunter X Hunter is getting me back into consistently watching anime. I also recommend perhaps going back to a comfort anime or one you really enjoyed. hope you feel better soon :)
alfa
try anime that are very immersive and thrilling, for example "made in abyss" or "rokka no yuusha", where you just can't wait to see what's gonna happen or how the characters will deal with certain emotions and stuff, if you're truly going through some rough times, be it you or anyone reading these feel free to DM me to vent about it or just talk in general about anything, I'd be happy to help anyone that's dealing with some psychological problems (discord = Alfa#4757)
Thevaka
You should watch thriller/dementia animes!! Plot twists in dementia animes are usually really unexpected and you will probably feel curious for the next episode!! If you need someone to talk to, feel free to chat me!!
chiiee

Akumace1 wrote:

One of my favorite things ever is anime. It’s introduced me to so many things and I don’t care if it makes me a beta cuck or whatever I like it. But recently I’ve been going through a lot of personal things and for some reason I just lost the urge. I want to get back into watching but I can’t. I pick something up and drop it after one or 2 episodes. I take breaks every 2 minutes to scroll through Twitter or play a video game and totally forget about anime. Right now I am going through the worst part of my life so far and it’s gotten so bad. Usually I have anime to escape the worries of the world but now that I can’t get back into it I don’t have a way to cope anymore. I’ve started watching redo of a healer which I like tbh (don’t flame me for that lmao) but I still don’t feel that spark again. Any tips would be appreciated. Here is my mal if you think there might be something I will like please let me know
https://myanimelist.net/profile/a8z
if you drop it so quickly, you should try reading manga for a change. you go through it really quickly, so you will probably forget about breaks. Ever since I started reading manga, I haven't gone back to watching anime.
yahiro kira
I'll be real... If you're going through some tough times... It's best to deal with those first instead of avoiding them by watching anime. But I digress.
I can relate to some degree.(flahes back to the thousands of yaoi i have read out of boredom[yes even hentai])

Anyways. good luck, not only to you but to everyone else.

Lit anime/manga always lightens up the mood as long as you don't use it to avoid problems as said before