forum

No beats beat mania

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TasukeKemara
I like playing mania but I don't like hearing the beats that come up when I hit notes. if there is a way to turn that off or any skins that remove the beats then please send them to me thank you.
THAT_otaku
In osu settings turn "effects" (under volume settings) down/off. Otherwise replace all hitsound files in any skin with silent 1 millisecond (or however long it is) audio files and rename them to what the hitsounds were (most of these files wiki/fi/Skinning/Sounds , assuming your skin has them)

I highly don't recommend either of those though, you're hindering yourself by not playing with hitsounds. While its slightly annoying sometimes it really helps you to keep consistent rhythm and know when youre actually pressing the keys etc.
Topic Starter
TasukeKemara

THAT_otaku wrote:

In osu settings turn "effects" (under volume settings) down/off. Otherwise replace all hitsound files in any skin with silent 1 millisecond (or however long it is) audio files and rename them to what the hitsounds were (most of these files wiki/fi/Skinning/Sounds , assuming your skin has them)

I highly don't recommend either of those though, you're hindering yourself by not playing with hitsounds. While its slightly annoying sometimes it really helps you to keep consistent rhythm and know when youre actually pressing the keys etc.
I appreciate the comment but the drum beats make it more difficult for me strangely enough. I used to have a skin for that wish I could remember what it was. It removed the drum beats and I was doing much better with out them. Also I don't want to remove all effects just drum beats.
wowcake
Then, your options would be either search a new skin that doesn't have it

Or

Go into the skin folder and play through all the hitsounds audio and search which one is the drum beat audio and replace it with a silent one milisecond audio file

(most likely the audio files that have the drum hitsound would be "drum-(hitsounds).wav")