forum

Scoring system of osu!mania.. [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xynn
it happens from time to time.. so I guess it's time for me to ask you directly.

here, the issue's screenshot:

Now, I guess I need an explaination for that case. Thanks.

P/S: aye... hints are score, combos, MAX and 300.
TouchFluffyTail
To quote the wiki on mania scoring;

In osu!mania mode, each beatmap has the same maximum total score, currently 1,000,000.

The score is given in two parts, base score and bonus score, each contributing 50% of total score.

Base score is based on hit judgement. A rainbow 300 is worth a bit more than 300.

Bonus score is based on hit judgement and a floating bonus multiplier. The multiplier increases when you get a rainbow 300 or 300, while it decreases when you get a 200 or below. The better judgement you get, the more the multiplier increase, or the less punishment. There's an upper limit for the multiplier.
Your bonus totaled up to slightly less than Pat's due to different spots in where you guys got 200s/streaks of 300MAX.
Topic Starter
Xynn
Unfortunately, I've been playing a lot of maps in osu!mania and gaining the same amount of rainbow 300s, 300s and 200s with another individuals still gives me the same score as that person (most of the time in my mind).

Therefore, personally I don't think that the place of gaining those 200s/streaks of rainbow 300 is really showing its effect.
Well, unless I'm very lucky(or unlucky) to get the same types of 200s/streaks of rainbow 300 with those other individuals in the past..

Eitherway, thank you for the reply and the quote.
Full Tablet
It depends on where you got the 200's.
For example, in a sequence of 10 notes in the middle of the song: (M -> MAX, 3 -> 300, 2 -> 200)
2 M M M M 2 M M M M
is worth more points than
2 M 2 M M M M M M M

You get the same score as other people (that get the same amount of MAX, 200s and 300s) as long you hit at least 4 MAXs in a row after every 200 (so you regain the maximum bonus value as fast as possible). Also getting a 200 near the end of the song gives less score reduction.

Basically, score is divided on Base Score and Bonus Score. They add together to give final score.

Base Score: Max Value is 500,000.
A MAX gives 320 base points, while other judgments give the same as their number. Each note's score is multiplied by a value so they add up to 500,000.

Bonus Score: Max Value is 500,000.
Bonus: A variable that starts as 100, it's max value is 100 (and it's min value is 0).

Each note the Bonus Variable changes:
MAX = +2 Bonus.
300 = +1 Bonus.
200 = -8 Bonus.
100 = -24 Bonus.
50 = -44 Bonus.
MISS = -100 Bonus.

And each note gives a bonus score of it's bonus score value (MAX is still 320) multiplied by SquareRoot(Bonus/100), and multiplied by a value so they add up to 500,000.
MAX = 320 bonus score.
300 = 320 bonus score.
200 = 160 bonus score. (In practice it gives at most 153.4666087)
100 = 80 bonus score. (In practice it gives at most 69.74238310)
50 = 40 bonus score. (In practice it gives at most 29.93325910)

PD: The wiki explains scoring a bit differently, but this is equivalent mathematically and at least for me easier to understand.
Topic Starter
Xynn
...math. :V

But the fact about the maximum value on the bonus score explains everything now and your explanation is excellent, thank you.
Dale940
What differences come up when playing with score v2? Does the max bonus variable change for example? And what would you gain or lose when getting certain judgements?