forum

Where to find the current standard skin?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
suchtie
Since the osu! updater only gives me the old template skin, I wondered where/how I could get the current standard skin. There's no folder or anything. It's probably contained in the UI library file but I don't know how to extract from a DLL.

I wanted to give a shot at skinning but I want to use the new skin as a template, not the old one because I'm not much into anime stuff. (yeah I know, what am I doing here then...)

Also, I like to play osu!droid on my phone when I'm not at my PC, and you need a "clear" looking skin with not much clutter because the 50/100/300/fail score numbers obscure some gameplay elements which makes it difficult to read the beatmap... the new skin is perfect in my opinion.

Will the new skin replace the template or will a separate download be provided?
TakuMii
The new skin template is still WIP (the special modes' graphics aren't complete yet). Just wait for it.
chelly

suchtie wrote:

Since the osu! updater only gives me the old template skin, I wondered where/how I could get the current standard skin. There's no folder or anything. It's probably contained in the UI library file but I don't know how to extract from a DLL.

I wanted to give a shot at skinning but I want to use the new skin as a template, not the old one because I'm not much into anime stuff. (yeah I know, what am I doing here then...)

Also, I like to play osu!droid on my phone when I'm not at my PC, and you need a "clear" looking skin with not much clutter because the 50/100/300/fail score numbers obscure some gameplay elements which makes it difficult to read the beatmap... the new skin is perfect in my opinion.

Will the new skin replace the template or will a separate download be provided?
I don't feel like finding the exact quote, but peppy said to keep an eye out on this forum. He's still working on the skin (mostly enlarging and adding HD support) and it'll be out eventually. Extracting the skin from the DLLs isn't recommended because many items in there are not skinnable anyway so it's best if you wait for the official template.