forum

[duplicate] "Waypoint"? mod

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
andrew2977
I have only been playing this game about 2 weeks, so forgive me in advance if I don't know what I'm talking about. I don't know what word other than way point to use but I was thinking it would be really cool to have a mod where you could press a key half way through the song then when you retry you go back there instead. Just to help players strengthen certain things like if I needed to work on streams but it doesn't start until 2 min into song.

TL;DR - want to be able to restart songs at specific points so people can practice more efficiently
ICanNotDoSlider
You can manually edit the map. Go to the editor, find the part you're struggling with, and delete everything else. Useful shortcuts are (z) to the start of the song and (v) to the end. Create a new difficulty and name it whatever you want without deleting the map's content.

I agree that it is inconvenient, and there should be other ways to do it. The problem with your idea from what I read is that players still need to go halfway through the song if they want to practice certain parts. Some parts are unexpected and you need to set a point next time you play.

Also, I apologize if this has been on lazer because I am not up-to-date of the development of it.
Topic Starter
andrew2977
Thank you so much as I said im pretty new and this will help me out a lot, also no worries I don't even know what lazer is lol
ICanNotDoSlider

andrew2977 wrote:

Thank you so much as I said im pretty new and this will help me out a lot, also no worries I don't even know what lazer is lol
Oh no don't worry about that, I was pointing it to the lazer team/users, not you. Lazer is just a newer (currently unstable) osu!
abraker