forum

[Mapping Contest] OsuMania 4K Otaku Tv Size Mapping Contest

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Murumoo
OsuMania 4K Otaku Tv Size Mapping Contest (OTS) was held by Sun and Murumoo, each selected one of the anime songs of this season.

Entry Rules

You can submit one difficulty level among Easy, Normal, Hard, Insane for each song. The 1st place for each difficulty level is included in the Mapset, and the 1st place in Insane dif becomes the Mapset host. This mapset is supported by Sun and Murumoo Nom. + The Hitsound part was decided to be supported by Famoss. This is possible if the winner of the Insane dif mapset wants to use Hitsound separately.

Judge

Basically, please follow RC and guideline.
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/en/Ranking_Criteria
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/en/Ranking_Criteria/osu!mania

Rankability (25): Checks how well the rank guidelines are followed, snap errors, ghost notes, etc.

Musical Relevance (25): Evaluate whether the song's atmosphere is well preserved and whether there is consistency in expression

Originality (25): Is the pattern that reveals Mapper's personality well combined with the song?

Personal Impression (25): Evaluation based on personal impressions received by judges

Total: 100

Song List

Contest period

Submission period : 2021/03/02~2021/03/07
Judging period : 2021/03/07~2021/03/10
(now)Mapset completion and some modding period : 2021/03/11~ 2021/03/16
Nomination period : 2021/03/17~2021/03/20

How to submit

Discord: murumoo#7029 or Murumoo PM
You must submit it as an .osu text file

Submission Status

Reona-Seimeisen
Easy : 0
Normal : 1
Hard : 3
Insane : 3

Watashi (CV Aoi Yuuki)-Ganbare! Kumoko-san no Theme (TV Size)
Easy : 1
Normal : 0
Hard : 0
Insane : 5
secXcscX
Sun
Nabi-
Arzenvald
is there any details regarding judging criteria for the entry? such as mapping expertise, technique, creativity, judge's impression, and so on? currently there's no information about them
Topic Starter
Murumoo
I think it's enough follow the rc rules.
dkingo
:o
Syadow-
uwooh `w`)b
FAMoss
Touru0711
wow

sasuga Muru & Sunpai
Mirea
can a single person submit to multiple difficulties?
Unpredictable
very very confused with this contest. arzen makes a valid point about criteria and I feel as though you should probably have some judging categories at bare minimum. anyone here can make a certain diff and make it follow pretty much according to the RC, so how on earth do you guys judge that fairly? im assuming its based on preference and style according to your guys' taste if that's the case but then you two should at least make some criteria to accommodate for that, at least so when someone submits a map for your sets, they can at least see feedback and see what they can improve on for the future. imo this contest can be improved a whole lot more with something as simple, yet elaborate such as judging categories. I think it would entice more mappers looking to improve if you honestly did something like that. just my two cents.

but tbf this is your contest, not mine, nor am I a judge for it so do what you will I suppose

edit: grammar
FAMoss

Unpredictable wrote:

very very confused with this contest. arzen makes a valid point about criteria and I feel as though you should probably have some judging categories at bare minimum. anyone here can make a certain diff and make it follow pretty much according to the RC, so how on earth do you guys judge that fairly? im assuming its based on preference and style according to your guys' taste if that's the case but then you two should at least make some criteria to accommodate for that, at least so when someone submits a map for your sets, they can at least see feedback and see what they can improve on for the future. imo this contest can be improved a whole lot more with something as simple, yet elaborate such as judging categories. I think it would entice more mappers looking to improve if you honestly did something like that. just my two cents.

but tbf this is your contest, not mine, nor am I a judge for it so do what you will I suppose

edit: grammar
point
guden
Have to agree with Unpredictable here. Even if it's “just for fun,” you could still incorporate some sort of reliable criteria for charters to follow. This seems a lot more like a “map the best to my liking, despite not knowing what I like” and seems like there won’t be as much as positive outcome as the judges intend. I see it sort of becoming frustrating for everyone D; I also think even simple things (like what Unpredictable mentioned) can do a whole lot for this and make it more enjoyable for everyone participating. 'w'

I wish you luck with this in the future!
Topic Starter
Murumoo
ya thx unpredictable and guden

Since it was the first event held, it seems that I could not think about the details of the evaluation criteria.

I will add it by referring to the evaluation criteria of other contests.

--------------

Mirea

You can submit one dif for each song.
ex)
Reona-Seimeisen - insane
Watashi (CV Aoi Yuuki)-Ganbare! Kumoko-san no Theme (TV Size) - hard
11Bit
it's time to be a TV-size mapper
Sun
Updated judging categories
lenpai
owo
Yunabi
ye
by-ad
Just know this thread after someone bring me here.

goodluck ;=;
Paran
:blob_sweat:
by-ad
:pog:
Topic Starter
Murumoo

Reona-Seimeisen

Result

Normal-1 (paran) - Winner

Murumoo

No issues were found with rankables.
In addition, there is no problem with expressing sounds without ghost notes, etc.
Overall, the restrained expression rather than using the entire song to follow the normal guideline was impressive.
It was a really classy and neat mapping that accurately expresses the strong part of the song that needs to be expressed and throws away what is thrown away.
However, since the use of doubles in the kiai part is a little confusing, I think it will be a cleaner dif if only those parts are consistent.

Rankability (25): 25 Musical Relevance (25): 23 Originality (25): 22 Personal Impression (25): 22 Total = 92

Sun

It seems alright for rankability.
also has a pretty solid consistency and doesn't have snap errors that are a big problem.
we can see patterns of your own style, and the unfolding method of the song itself is great.

Rankability (25/25) Musical Relevance (21/25) Originality (20/25) Personal Impression (20/25) *Total = 86

Result = 178

Hard-1 (Yunabi)

Murumoo

In addition, there is no problem with expressing sounds without ghost notes, etc.
But overall, it was a bit disappointing that the expression was simple.
A good 1/2 stream pattern lasts a long time from 00:00:632-00:33:720-
If you can express more colorfully by using the vocal more quickly in the middle or giving a jack-shaped pattern in the stream in the middle, I think you can make a better map in the future.

Rankability (25): 25 Musical Relevance (25): 19 Originality (25): 19 Personal Impression (25): 18 total = 81

Sun

It seems alright for rankability. In addition, Mappers unique sense of rhythm gives you a clear sense of your own personality. Also, clear the intention of what Mapper expressed. However, the consistency was a bit problematic.
Typical, 1. 00:11:926- For this part, you can see that the stack is used for the last vocal pitch and previous vocal sound, but 00:14:043 (14043|2,14220|2)- in the same case. As that stack doesn't apply, I think we need to rethink the consistency of this part.
2. Looking at the kiai part, the vocal uses normal notes and stacks for LN, but 01:01:867 (61867|3,62043|2,62043|0,62220|1,62396|0,62396|2,62573|3) ,62749|1,62749|2)-
It is a sadly not to use the stack differently from the previous part in the part where the vocals are heightened.

Rankability (25/25) Musical Relevance (13/25) Originality (18/25) Personal Impression (15/25) *Total = 71

Result = 152

Hard-2 (Touru0711)

Murumoo

I think it was okay to express the vocal in LN from the beginning.
However, it was a bit unfortunate that a similar plain structure was used with only a few additions to the highest part of the song, 00:57:102-01:19:690 -.
I wondered what it would have been like to add a more differentiated structured pattern in the kiai section.

Rankability (25): 25 Musical Relevance (25): 21 Originality (25): 20 Personal Impression (25): 21 *Total = 87

Sun

There is no big problem in ranking due to the very solid structure. Also 00:33:102 (33102|2,33190|1,33279|3,33367|2,33455|0,33543|1,33631|3,33720|2) - Personally, I was impressed by the clear intention of this drum expression.
Besides this, the use of expressions such as vocals and synths seems to have some experience. However, there were some inconsistencies compared to the rigid structure.
Typical 00:13:690 - here you ignored the hihat sound, but 00:16:514 - the same musical structure, but there were some parts with different consistency.
Also, personally, 01:17:926 (77926|0,78014|1,78102|3,78190|2,78279|0,78367|1,78455|3,78543|2,78631|0,78720|1,78808|3,78896|2) - in this part where the drums are rising, but I feel sad for expressing the song too simply.
besides this, it was neat overall

Rankability (25/25) Musical Relevance (13/25) Originality (18/25) Personal Impression (15/25) *Total = 71

Result = 158

Hard-3 ([Ping]) - Winner

Murumoo

No issues with rankable were found.
Also, there is no problem in expressing the sound without ghost notes.
I used a lot of challenging 1/4 LN, and it was very impressive that I made a difference through the length of the LN.
In addition, it is impressive that the length of the LN is used in a variety of lengths to give a strong expression of the song while maintaining the style to be expressed, while paying attention to playable.
However, it is a very difficult level of mapping to say that it is a hard difficulty level, so if you refine it for a more playable aspect, I think it is good as a mapset.

Rankability (25): 25 Musical Relevance (25): 23 Originality (25): 24 Personal Impression (25): 23 *Total = 95

Sun

Personally, I'm sorry to Mapper, but I think the structure of this map is kinda messed up, and you submitted a hard difficulty, but this difficulty is due to the density and pattern structure that's close to Insane so it can make a gap between spread.
but conversely, there were many patterns that had a clear and good personality of mapper. If there was no problem with the gap, I think it was a very well-made map.

Rankability (12.5/25) Musical Relevance (20/25) Originality (20/25) Personal Impression (12.5/25) *Total = 65

Result = 160

Insane-1 (angki)

Murumoo

In addition, there is no problem with expressing the sound without ghost notes.
00:36:808 (36808|0,36852|1,36896|2)-The 1/8 note expression was quite impressive.
It was visually neat, and while playing it in real life, it left a good memory.
However, 00:46:867-00:48:279-After 1/4 trill was used, only single was used, but it felt a little empty.
Compared to the burst at 00:51:455-it was too dense, so the difference was felt more severe, and I think it can be improved through the buff at the rest period.
In the kiai part, I expressed it qualitatively by using the LN of the vocal and 1/4 of the drum, but it was regrettable that it was difficult to feel the difference of my own.
I think it would be better if there was a more complex use of LN in the kiai part.

Rankability (25): 25 Musical Relevance (25): 21 Originality (25): 20 Personal Impression (25): 21 *Total = 87

Sun

It's a map that has a pretty solid structure overall. There are some ambiguities in the mood and expression of the song, but there are no parts to catch.
Also, sometimes the finish is double or triple, so it's a bit inconsistent, but it's not a big problem.
There's also a minor consistency error, but I think you can ignore it for a while.
But I don't think it contains the personality and style of the mapper. there's not much of a problem with ranking.

Rankability (25/25) Musical Relevance (18/25) Originality (10/25) Personal Impression (18/25) *Total = 71

Result = 158

Insane-2 (Nabi-)

Murumoo

The points that tried to appeal in various LNs and patterns to show their characteristics were impressive.
Representatively, from 00:34:514-00:44:396-the complex use of LN was very impressive.
However, in the kiai part, unlike the impressive part in the previous part, I felt a little bit of a classic expression.
We need to talk more about the overall spike and consistency of LN expressions, but the way we did our best to show our style in the contest remains impressive.

Rankability (25): 25 Musical Relevance (25): 22 Originality (25): 22 Personal Impression (25): 21 *Total = 90

Sun

I think it's a clear and neat map and you seem to have a good understanding of the song.
but there was one snap mistake about 00:39:926 (39926|0) - this note. anyway seems to be no big problem other than this.
there was some inconsistency the next part, but it doesn't seem to be a big problem. personally, it was an impressive map.

Rankability (22/25) Musical Relevance (20/25) Originality (18/25) Personal Impression (20/25) *Total = 80

Result = 170

Insane-3 (Hoto Cocoa) - Winner

Murumoo

The song was expressed according to the contest by adjusting the length of the LN.
It was impressive that the patterns that were used overall were also patterns that paid attention to playable through exquisite moderation.
By using a complex LN, you can see what the players are playing, but it was more impressive that I overcame it by separating the left and right hands.
However, I think that the point of trying to express the song through the quad in the first kiai is okay, but there is also a slight gap with the second kiai, so I think it would be perfect if the structure from the first kiai to the second kiai becomes more natural.

Rankability (25): 25 Musical Relevance (25): 23 Originality (25): 23 Personal Impression (25): 22 *Total = 93

Sun

The song comprehension is quite high enough that there is no problem with ranking, and the progression of this song seems to be clean in experience.
In addition, he has a clear and expressive style of his own. And it was also impressive to use SV to create points.
Somewhat regrettable was that the first kiai part was expressed as a normal note, so it was a bit stand out. but I don't think it's a big problem if it's meant to highlight the second kiai part.

Rankability (25/25) Musical Relevance (20/25) Originality (20/25) Personal Impression (20/25) *Total = 85

Result = 178

Watashi (CV Aoi Yuuki)-Ganbare! Kumoko-san no Theme (TV Size)

Result

Easy-1 (Al-Reina) - Winner

Murumoo

It's really neatly well mapped and easy. Giving up other complex notes and focusing on vocals and strong sounds was very impressive to me.
Personally, I don't think it's easy to make easy dif, but it's a contest rather than submitting it in a simple format, so it's impressive to me that I tried to map easy in a more colorful way.
There was no special deduction factor overall

Rankability (25): 25 Musical Relevance (25): 23 Originality (25): 23 Personal Impression (25): 23 *Total = 94

Sun

There is no big problem. Also it's pretty solid and we can clearly see what it was intended. enough to rankables

Rankability (25/25) Musical Relevance (21/25) Originality (21/25) Personal Impression (21/25) *Total = 88

Result = 182

Insane-1 (_Asha)

Murumoo

Due to the nature of the song, the difference between kiai and other parts of the song is so great that the main point of view in insane was to focus more on how to express this part creatively.
Personally, I was very satisfied. 00:07:657-00:17:763-I think that in the first kiai section leading up to this point, the LN complex pattern was clearly used to express the high level of difficulty in the latter part.
In addition, it was impressive to have various challenging expressions so as not to get bored as much as possible in other parts.
And I think that the part of the LN stream starting from 01:15:886-was well adjusted.
However, since the LN stream part is too well-formed, I think it is perfect if it is more difficult to configure using a complex LN like the first kiai, or if you only solve the problem that becomes easier than the previous stream part by slightly adjusting the LN length.

Rankability (25): 25 Musical Relevance (25): 23 Originality (25): 22 Personal Impression (25): 23 *Total = 93

Sun

All patterns are very reasonably, not much of a problem with the ranking.
The expressions intended for vocals are very easy to see, and you can clearly see what you intended by using 1/4 LN in the kiai part of the last
Overall, I think the mapper has a good understanding of the song.

Rankability (20/25) Musical Relevance (17.5/25) Originality (20/25) Personal Impression (17.5/25) *Total = 75

Result = 168

Insane-2 (Tealioz)

Murumoo

01:15:649 (75649|1,75807|0)-I think that the extension of the sound is expressed as a note in this part as a ghost note.
First of all, the point that I tried to appeal my style with various patterns was impressive.
00:07:973-00:37:342-I think the appearances of trying to differentiate with LN were particularly good.
However, I think the overused expressions were more regrettable than the actual progress of the song.
Representatively 00:21:394 (21394|3,21552|2,21710|1,21868|0)-LN with a similar structure is progressed several times. I think it would be better to have a different structure when vocal is used only twice. While playing in real life, I felt that the pattern was ahead of the song.
I think it's okay if the last kiai part is composed of handstreams. However, if the use of the front LN is applied here as well, the front part is composed of a stream and the back part is a composite LN, or if the burst part starting from 01:15:886-is more emphasized by putting a stream that makes hand placement difficult. I think it was good.

Rankability (25): 24 Musical Relevance (25): 19 Originality (25): 20 Personal Impression (25): 19 *Total = 83

Sun

Overall, a neat map. seems need to modify the consistency kinda more, but I don't think it will be a problem enough to give you a lot of feedback.
It's a regrettable that Mapper's style is not clearly visible, except for the fact that the pattern is a little simple, such as a jack or stream.
I don't think there's a big problem with ranking enough.

Rankability (20/25) Musical Relevance (17/25) Originality (15/25) Personal Impression (18/25) *Total = 70

Result = 153

Insane-3 (11Bit)

Murumoo

However, 01:28:444-In this part, I think it would be okay if only minor parts where the actual beat progresses to 1/4 are corrected, and 01:15:846 (75846|3)-slightly randomly added parts like this are fine.
First of all, it was very fresh to use the normal note as an emphasis. Usually, when mapping vocal songs, the easiest thing that comes to mind is the complex use of LN, but trying to interpret it in a completely different direction felt like Originality to me.
Also, the stream analysis for the burst part starting from 01:05:781-was very fresh. I want to add another point to the fact that there was no awkwardness in the progress of the song even though it was used differently than the 1/4 hand stream. The vocal 01:25:833 (85833|0,85873|2,85912|1,85952|3)-It was also impressive to express it in this way.
However, it is not perfectly balanced overall, and dif spikes are felt only in certain areas, so if you buff the weak areas overall, it will be a more perfect map.

Rankability (25): 24 Musical Relevance (25): 22 Originality (25): 24 Personal Impression (25): 23 *Total = 93

Sun

The intro part was a very impressive map. In addition, the intention of what the mapper intended and what pitch was expressed is clearly visible.
Also, interpretation and understanding of the song seems to be very high. and 00:16:500 (16500|0,16552|2,16605|1,16657|3,16657|0) - And I could see that you were make your own style, such as expressing Grace.
So the overall progression of this song was very reasonably good.

Rankability (20/25) Musical Relevance (18/25) Originality (20/25) Personal Impression (20/25) *Total = 78

Result = 171

Insane-4 (Shirou) - Winner

Murumoo
This is the only map that uses sv in the competition. The use of sv was neat and the map expression was also good, so it deserves an additional point.
The use of LN starting from 00:07:657-was very intuitive. Conversely, I think it was effective to focus on melody without using vocals.
01:05:781-The mapping in the burst part came fresh to me. Usually, a stream pattern is included in these speedcore-like songs, but expressing it differently in an LN complex made it intuitive to see what the mapper wanted to express in the contest. While considering the hand balance, I think it was better to use LN boldly when expressing songs like 01:12:728-01:13:202 -.
However, I think the bpm shift section starting from 00:38:026 is too empty. I think the map will be more perfect if you apply a little more vocal and fill it with mapping.

Rankability (25): 25 Musical Relevance (25): 23 Originality (25): 24 Personal Impression (25): 23 *Total = 95

Sun

Overall, it's solid and clean, so there's no big problem. there is a pattern that is enough for ranking and the overall personality of the mapper is clear, and you try to express a lot of your good sense
Typical expressing synthesizer in the kiai parts LN is very impressive. Also, it is a plus point to use SV to express the song.

Rankability (22/25) Musical Relevance (20/25) Originality (20/25) Personal Impression (18/25) *Total = 80

Result = 175

Insane-5 (MCPXiaoBai)

Murumoo

The LN complex pattern from 01:05:781-was impressive.
Normally, the structure that leads to the stream is the most common, but the lead sound of this part is expressed in LN, so the song feels more intuitive when playing the actual game.
Also 00:39:923 (39923|0,39953|2,39983|3)-I think this slightly delayed pattern suited the guitar sound of the song.
However, it is regrettable that the other parts were generally plain and were somewhat weak to support the burst part starting from 01:15:886 -. This part is a certain insane part, but there were some parts close to hard in the front part, so I was disappointed that the balance was slightly broken. Rather, if you nerf the burst part and adjust the rest of the hard part slightly and submit it as hard, I think it was more perfect in terms of map.

Rankability (25): 25 Musical Relevance (25): 22 Originality (25): 20 Personal Impression (25): 21 *Total = 88

Sun

The overall structure is not bad, but it is sad because the expression is so simple.
Also, I know what you intended, but I can see that the mapper's expression is somewhat lack experience compared to the solid pattern.
It doesn't matter much in terms of consistency or other aspects, but it's a bit unfortunate that Mapper's own style doesn't feel big.
But that's not a bad thing. It's pretty solid so it looks good enough to for rank

Rankability (20/25) Musical Relevance (20/25) Originality (15/25) Personal Impression (18/25) *Total = 73

Result = 161

Entry List

Shirou
Thank you for giving me the honor of being an otaku mapper!
Drum-Hitnormal
shit i saw this too late, who checks forum...
McEndu

Drum-Hitnormal wrote:

shit i saw this too late, who checks forum...
You can always check out the current iteration