forum

[Mapping Contest] OsuMania 4K Otaku Tv Size Mapping Contest

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Murumoo
OsuMania 4K Otaku Tv Size Mapping Contest (OTS) was held by Sun and Murumoo, each selected one of the anime songs of this season.

Entry Rules

You can submit one difficulty level among Easy, Normal, Hard, Insane for each song. The 1st place for each difficulty level is included in the Mapset, and the 1st place in Insane dif becomes the Mapset host. This mapset is supported by Sun and Murumoo Nom. + The Hitsound part was decided to be supported by Famoss. This is possible if the winner of the Insane dif mapset wants to use Hitsound separately.

Judge

Basically, please follow RC and guideline.
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/en/Ranking_Criteria
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/en/Ranking_Criteria/osu!mania

Rankability (25): Checks how well the rank guidelines are followed, snap errors, ghost notes, etc.

Musical Relevance (25): Evaluate whether the song's atmosphere is well preserved and whether there is consistency in expression

Originality (25): Is the pattern that reveals Mapper's personality well combined with the song?

Personal Impression (25): Evaluation based on personal impressions received by judges

Total: 100

Song List

Contest period

Submission period : 2021/03/02~2021/03/07
Judging period : 2021/03/07~2021/03/10
(now)Mapset completion and some modding period : 2021/03/11~ 2021/03/16
Nomination period : 2021/03/17~2021/03/20

How to submit

Discord: murumoo#7029 or Murumoo PM
You must submit it as an .osu text file

Submission Status

Reona-Seimeisen
Easy : 0
Normal : 1
Hard : 3
Insane : 3

Watashi (CV Aoi Yuuki)-Ganbare! Kumoko-san no Theme (TV Size)
Easy : 1
Normal : 0
Hard : 0
Insane : 5
secXcscX
Sun
Nabi-
Arzenvald
is there any details regarding judging criteria for the entry? such as mapping expertise, technique, creativity, judge's impression, and so on? currently there's no information about them
Topic Starter
Murumoo
I think it's enough follow the rc rules.
dkingo
:o
Syadow-
uwooh `w`)b
FAMoss
Touru0711
wow

sasuga Muru & Sunpai
Mirea
can a single person submit to multiple difficulties?
Unpredictable
very very confused with this contest. arzen makes a valid point about criteria and I feel as though you should probably have some judging categories at bare minimum. anyone here can make a certain diff and make it follow pretty much according to the RC, so how on earth do you guys judge that fairly? im assuming its based on preference and style according to your guys' taste if that's the case but then you two should at least make some criteria to accommodate for that, at least so when someone submits a map for your sets, they can at least see feedback and see what they can improve on for the future. imo this contest can be improved a whole lot more with something as simple, yet elaborate such as judging categories. I think it would entice more mappers looking to improve if you honestly did something like that. just my two cents.

but tbf this is your contest, not mine, nor am I a judge for it so do what you will I suppose

edit: grammar
FAMoss

Unpredictable wrote:

very very confused with this contest. arzen makes a valid point about criteria and I feel as though you should probably have some judging categories at bare minimum. anyone here can make a certain diff and make it follow pretty much according to the RC, so how on earth do you guys judge that fairly? im assuming its based on preference and style according to your guys' taste if that's the case but then you two should at least make some criteria to accommodate for that, at least so when someone submits a map for your sets, they can at least see feedback and see what they can improve on for the future. imo this contest can be improved a whole lot more with something as simple, yet elaborate such as judging categories. I think it would entice more mappers looking to improve if you honestly did something like that. just my two cents.

but tbf this is your contest, not mine, nor am I a judge for it so do what you will I suppose

edit: grammar
point
guden
Have to agree with Unpredictable here. Even if it's “just for fun,” you could still incorporate some sort of reliable criteria for charters to follow. This seems a lot more like a “map the best to my liking, despite not knowing what I like” and seems like there won’t be as much as positive outcome as the judges intend. I see it sort of becoming frustrating for everyone D; I also think even simple things (like what Unpredictable mentioned) can do a whole lot for this and make it more enjoyable for everyone participating. 'w'

I wish you luck with this in the future!
Topic Starter
Murumoo
ya thx unpredictable and guden

Since it was the first event held, it seems that I could not think about the details of the evaluation criteria.

I will add it by referring to the evaluation criteria of other contests.

--------------

Mirea

You can submit one dif for each song.
ex)
Reona-Seimeisen - insane
Watashi (CV Aoi Yuuki)-Ganbare! Kumoko-san no Theme (TV Size) - hard
11Bit
it's time to be a TV-size mapper
Sun
Updated judging categories
lenpai
owo
Yunabi
ye
by-ad
Just know this thread after someone bring me here.

goodluck ;=;
show more