forum

Bronyfied - Brony Metal Medley

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GamerLuna
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 31 мая 2013 г. at 21:07:29

Artist: Bronyfied
Title: Brony Metal Medley
Source: YouTube
Tags: MLP: FiM, My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, Bronyfied, Glaze, WoodenToaster, The Living Tombstone, Eurobeat Brony, JackleApp, PrinceWhateverer, AcousticBrony, MandoPony,
BPM: 100
Filesize: 14219kb
Play Time: 05:37
Difficulties Available:
  1. Insane (4,85 stars, 643 notes)
  2. Normal (4,5 stars, 102 notes)
Download: Bronyfied - Brony Metal Medley
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Hello everypony. This is my first beatmap submission. I really like this medley, so I decided to make a beatmap set out of it.
These are a Work in Progress beatmaps, so I would like to hear some feedback and suggestions to improve them.
Change log:
SPOILER
  • 3/04/13:
  1. *Insane dif: Removed all hitsounds for a while. Made some changes to sliders. Spinner added at the end of "Nightmare Night" part.
  2. *More changes to sliders
  3. *Normal dif: Removed hitsounds too. Mapped some more.
  • 7/04/13:
  1. *Insane dif: Added hitsounds. "JackleApp - Summer" part mapped.
  2. *"PrinceWhateverer - Rainbow Thrash" part mapped.
  3. *Normal dif: "Nightmare Night" part mapped.
  • 13/04/13:
  1. *Insane dif: "AcousticBrony, Mandopony - Loyalty" part mapped.
    *Accepted AuraBlaze's advice to map the intro
  • 14/04/13:
  1. *Insane dif: "The Living Tombstone - September" and 1st part of "Glaze - Beyond Her Garden" mapped
    *Changed timing of the 2nd part of "Glaze - Beyond Her Garden" - 135 bpm
Silverboxer
Really nice maps so far. Topic on how to make neat sliders: t/37194
Maybe just go a bit easier on the whistle hitsound? I hope you finish this!
Topic Starter
GamerLuna
Thank you!
Great topic about sliders. Always wondered how to make some of these cool-shaped ones. Thanks for this too.
I'm gonna try to remove some of whistle hitsounds where it is needed :D
AuraBlaze
Let me just first say that I don't know much about making beatmaps --and I hardly play standard osu! for that matter-- but there is something I'd like to say if you don't mind. I think the amount of time to wait for the beatmap to actually start is too long. If I were to be making this beatmap, I'd start out at a slow pace when the guitars first play (00:29:00 I think it is), and I would also add a spinner at 00:48:00 before Princess Luna speaks up.

I hope my suggestion is of any help to you, and thank you for reading this.
Topic Starter
GamerLuna
AuraBlaze, yeah, maybe. Especially spinner before Luna's speak would sound great. People usually skip intros of any lenght as the skip button exists, so there is a good thing to think about.
Landere
Thanks for letting me do the storyboard

Not yet finished but I guess it will kinda look nice :/
ColdTooth
Hey there! VinylDash here!

Just want to say this, I love this. It's really nice to come along something like this. I was going to map this (because when i start thinking of mapping some song, it's already getting mapped by someone else) but I'll give you some advice.

This song is atleast 6 minutes. I hate to say this, but there should be just 1 or 2 difficulties. Maybe a collab would work out and a difficulty of your own. I really don't think 6 minutes per difficulty would be interesting. A collab with maybe atleast 3 or 4 people will get parts and do some cool things, mess around with it, that sorta jazz. (Maybe I can get included, depending if I'm not busy on other projects)

Another thing. For the insane, don't make notes like 01:44:374 (2,3,4,5) - this. It looks boring with no pattern or design with it. Give it more spacing in between them so that the map works out perfectly smooth. Also, sliders look a lot better with just 3 sliderpoints, not like 6 or 7 of them.

~Do not give kudos~
Landere

VinylDash14 wrote:

Hey there! VinylDash here!

Just want to say this, I love this. It's really nice to come along something like this. I was going to map this (because when i start thinking of mapping some song, it's already getting mapped by someone else) but I'll give you some advice.

This song is atleast 6 minutes. I hate to say this, but there should be just 1 or 2 difficulties. Maybe a collab would work out and a difficulty of your own. I really don't think 6 minutes per difficulty would be interesting. A collab with maybe atleast 3 or 4 people will get parts and do some cool things, mess around with it, that sorta jazz. (Maybe I can get included, depending if I'm not busy on other projects)

Another thing. For the insane, don't make notes like 01:44:374 (2,3,4,5) - this. It looks boring with no pattern or design with it. Give it more spacing in between them so that the map works out perfectly smooth. Also, sliders look a lot better with just 3 sliderpoints, not like 6 or 7 of them.

~Do not give kudos~
I kinda agree with VinylDash14 here. as always
A collab can also be quite interesting for the storyboard, I could add OC's of the persons who are collabing it.
Gonna have to find first how I can make 2 different storyboards :P.

So, you can indeed make an insane map that you made all yourself (give it time and it will look great. If you need help, just tell me and I'll try to help.)
I'm really excited to see how this is going to end and I wish you luck. 8-)
ColdTooth
Ask me for help aswell! I can even help you in the collab. I'll be on tomorrow maybe.

Hopefully..
Topic Starter
GamerLuna
Alright, I'll "recreate" my insane, I mean I'll make it more harder. Moar jumps.
Also I'll fix offset soon
Topic Starter
GamerLuna
Folks, my Hard Drive is hearly dead. I can't work at map and even appear online in osu before I copy everything from it to healthy one.
Thanks for your patience.
----
EDIT: Everything seems to be OK now. Back to work
Algoinde
Just wanted to say that this map is becoming better and better. Way to go!

P.S.: Hope your data will not be lost.
Topic Starter
GamerLuna
Thank you. I copied everything from a disk, source files for map are in safe place now.
About updates... Uh.... This month is so damn busy... I really hope to get free time as soon as possible :(
Algoinde

GamerLuna wrote:

This month is so damn busy...
I know that feel, bro :(
WatsonHUN
thx m8
jurrejelle
I love it! Even though the is not much yet, I really love the way it is done. This has a great potential, and I believe you are the one to make this the way it should be!
I am not that experienced yet, so I played the easy mode only. I've let autoplay do the harder mode, and it looks like that one is done amazingly well. the duration and the complexity of the songs and how you handled it is amazing. I can see you spent a lot of time on this, and it turned out perfect.
Keep up the good work, it is awesome!
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.