forum

Problem of lag [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sheela-chan
Hello there, I'm here to ask people's help with a problem I've encountered on my Osu. At the end of this message I'll link the download to see a replay where the problem happens. Basically, when I start songs (not everytime but pretty often) at the beginning of the song, the screen jolts and the first note goes back, so I can't hit it properly. Then, all of the notes aren't synchronized with the music, so the gameplay is harder as when I shall hit the notes according to the music, the notes are still yet to come. Instead, when I watch the replay (you can see this happen in the attached file) the screen jolts again and I see random notes appear before the right ones.
Waiting for your replies and a way to fix this, I already thank you in advance.
http://www.mediafire.com/?2jl7dgjwb6dsr9m
Marcin
On your replay, it clearly does that thing.
However, when trying to do the same, I can't seem to replicate it. I think we need a peppy to debug the replay (?)
t/19232
t/42149 <-- and this (edit)
Follow "lag" point in here, and do what they say..

And Please provide:
What is your sound card?
Are all drivers up to date?
What is your graphic card?
OS?
Topic Starter
sheela-chan
I looked at your link and compared with my boyfriend's computer (he has no problem in using Osu at all)
1) Background processes, antiviruses, etc.: He has way more processes than I do (I play with just Osu opened and we got the same antivirus)
2) Viruses, spyware, trojans.: I checked my computer and there isn't any.
3) Your computer needs an upgrade.: I installed all the upgrades that have been released until now.
4) Your drivers are not up to date.: I checked them and nothing wrong seemed to happen, as they are all updated.
5) Try OpenGL mode and/or reduce your visual settings in game.: I tried but the same problem still happens (also, it doesn't occure on every song, but very, very often, like on 90% of my songs)
6) Things happen.: I don't really think I get this point...

Sound card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Yes, all of the drivers are updated.
Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
Full Tablet
Did you set your Universal offset to an absurdly high positive value?
Topic Starter
sheela-chan
I've checked just now and it is at 300 ms, i don't think it can be even higher.. or maybe i'm not capable in changing it. If you could help me it would be awsome. thanks!
Cobra
Change it to 0 by dragging the slider next to where it says your universal offset.
Topic Starter
sheela-chan
thank you so much! finally it's working!
Futurola

sheela-chan wrote:

I've checked just now and it is at 300 ms, i don't think it can be even higher.. or maybe i'm not capable in changing it. If you could help me it would be awsome. thanks!
300ms lol? Glad it's fixed ^^