forum

Hand positioning: spread out or closer?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ICanNotDoSlider
Hey, I just recently tried out different hand positions because.. why not?

I found out that I have better stamina with it spread out with the cost of control. I can't control my hands nearly as good enough than with it being closer to each other.

Should I make the change? Stamina is something I would want because I have always been bad at enduring low stamina. But with the cost of control, I'm not sure.

I can play streams better with it closer. But then, I'm not as good with jacks or longer maps.

What do you think?
Lights
Have you considered trying to use a layout which balances the pros and cons of the two?

i've played with (zx,.) (as[num4][num5]) and (as;') and personally i've had the best luck with as;'
Topic Starter
ICanNotDoSlider

Lights wrote:

Have you considered trying to use a layout which balances the pros and cons of the two?

i've played with (zx,.) (as[num4][num5]) and (as;') and personally i've had the best luck with as;'
The thing with layout is my keyboard doesn't allow me to. I use a laptop keyboard and it gets easier the more you use it. If you use another, unused for game keys, it is too heavy. So I can't get the full "feeling" when I use the keys more.
Lights
You might find its worth investing in a seperate keyboard. you'll just end up ruining your laptop's keyboard if you keep playing.
Topic Starter
ICanNotDoSlider
I'm aware. I'm actually trying to convince my parents why I should buy a keyboard. I don't have the fortune of adults to buy whatever.

My birthday is in a week, so this is probably my best chance of getting a keyboard.
[LS]PositoniX
made the switch from qwop to qw89 almost a year ago and never looked back since, i personally find it a lot more comfortable to play with, as i dont need to stress out my arms by bending my elbow and wrists as much. i also find it allows me to get better accuracy, though this might not happen for you.

give it a try and see if it helps you
Auxesiaa
I recently made the switch from zx./ to `1*- (inspired by Wonder) because I wanted to be able to put my forearms on my table as it's kinda small. Wasn't getting good accuracy for the first 2 days and now it's coming back.

"As long as you can get used to it, go ahead." -Quote from many rhythm gamers
Blue9485
I switched from qwop to §1/* and it help me a lot.
Caput Mortuum
wtf is a §
Blue9485

Caput Mortuum wrote:

wtf is a §
its the keybind next to 1
Zelzatter Zero

Caput Mortuum wrote:

wtf is a §
just tested the layout on the keyboard, most likely the tilde key
somepersonig

Zelzatter Zero wrote: