forum

osu!minecraft - redux [vanilla + factions]

posted
Total Posts
show more
whymeman
We'll see what happens from that. Also, currently doing the chunk loading process. Just have to take the time to make sure I don't screw up the chunk loading rushing it.
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
i was actually thinking of incorporating whymeman's world with a bundled twilight forest + thaumcraft modpack, since those two both work together very well, provide some interesting mechanics and lots of cooperative play opportunities

how do people feel about this?
whymeman
Sounds nice actually. Though before I actually start plotting the chunks together on the map, I want to make sure if anyone else really wants the world Normal (w/ Large Biomes) or AMPLIFIED. The sooner I get the votes, the faster I can figure out the best choice considering those who would actually suffer graphics lag loading 100000+ blocks a chunk.
PROGUY
While I have to agree that it does sound good, I think it's best if the server remains mod-free. I don't like corrupting my MC files just to enjoy mods (unless it has a standalone ver). If you guys are really gonna include such mods in, be sure to make your instructions clear in the op so everyone can join with ease.
xRayne
I think the thaumcraft mod to the server would be an interesting turn from vanilla~
whymeman
Hmm.... though if the addon mod is standalone without needing others to get the mod itself, that would also be nice. Then again, you can also save customized versions of the Minecraft version folder if you do it right as seen on youtube vids with installing mods since 1.6
Blue Stig
whymeman
Sorry it's taking longer than expected guys. My desktop was dying bad and had to build a new one. But, it's up and running and i'm back to work with the chunk plotting and constructing.

Axle-x
Hey WMM, you sent met that world, "build world 4" because I wanted to test the speed potions.
Remember that stone cloud that is made of wool? Its a gigantic lag machine: light one fire and the whole thing goes up, along with your computer
I really think it would be better to change it to glass.
also I'm new to posting on this so this message may end up in the wrong spot.
whymeman
SPOILER
Hmm..... I guess i'll look into it then
Removed the wool clouds after testing it with fire :o

I'll just change the biome to something else and use a different idea. Also, the "Mini City" is just about done. Just adding automatic light poles atm...

Automatic lighting during night (without power in city)

11 - 27 - 2013 / 11 - 28 - 2013

Finishing up with the Skyland chunk. Had to rework some biomes due to the phail with MCEdit not pasting the biomes correctly. Also reworking the shops to correct some item prices in the Mini City.

Also working to patch up AMPLIFIED chunks into the map. Will take a bit of time to smoothen out.

vvvvvvvvvvvv

vvvvvvvvvvvv
whymeman
Alright, some good news is that the map should be done by this weekend. After that, it's just the matter of updating and setting up the server and such. Just finalizing the edit tests and chunk smoothing atm.

Alright, here's how i'm going to go about with the finalization.

* about 3 cities /w armor and weapon shops each containing different level of "boosted" equipment. A bank for "currency" exchange, a food store, and a ingredients shop (for potions).

* custom chunks of land/dungeons are added. at a massive distance of course.

*Currently finishing up the battle ship theme for ocean travelers

I'll list more later on.
PROGUY
It almost sounds as if you're changing the game mode of the server to Adventure instead of Survival, in which to be honest sounds pretty cool since I believe not many others have done this before.

Well I'd be okay either way (as in either Adventure or Survival). I'll be looking forward to the server :D
iHeartLolis
No rush :L Even though I have completely no idea whats going on. I wouldn't mind the server having mods but please leave amplified world type out.
whymeman

Smirkable wrote:

No rush :L Even though I have completely no idea whats going on. I wouldn't mind the server having mods but please leave amplified world type out.
Not going with Amplified. Just Large Biomes at most. I tried to do Amplified for a week and it was just nuts to handle though I wanted to keep a small experience from it so I took a chunk from that world and pasted it into the current one i'm working on. As for the progress, I just have to add one more city, some touch ups, then good to go.

12 - 9 -2013

Finished up on the towns. Just doing one last thing which is the battleship theme with live active ships firing and such.

Added on sudden request

Bookstore
Fishing Shop
whymeman
Seems like an expected update came just in time too. 1.7.2 was too friggin buggy on some of the servers I was on.

OnosakiHito
Is that the time where we should send our buildings...? lol
whymeman
Lol, well I already asked about that some weeks ago, but no one pitched in a copy of a world folder with their creations except for one person.

I'm just using what I got right now to finish up.
iHeartLolis
Heh... wish I was able to send some but I am terrible at building.
whymeman
Something always happens that kicks my ass (got slightly sick and really busy).... anyways, I got the battle ship done. All that is needed is to furnish and load the ammo. Then i'll see if I can load in maybe 14 ~ 17 into that one area for the map, then we'll be good to go

iHeartLolis
Thanks for working on the server WMM! I'm sure everyone appreciates it.
- m i r a i
Awr, I love Minecraft *-*
whymeman
The ships came out larger than I thought, but making it work somehow. This is just one of the areas i'm setting it up at.

[Update: 12/19]

+ Found and fixed a few issues on the chunks.

+ Added Fishing Shops in cities/towns

+ Added three different tiers of bookstores. Higher tiers have nicer enchantment books, but WILL be very expensive.

+ For the awesomeness, warships will be added in two isolated locations. War start at night time automatically.

+ Started a small blueprint on starter items on the server. Also working on making a decent spawn point.

More coming soon....
whymeman
Time for me to rap things up to get the server started. I've already got to work on the spawn and so far, I like the view for the cords picked.

Jinxy
So is the new world still Factions based? Does it have a set map size?
whymeman
A set map size, not sure but I doubt it. Factions i'd go with since it kept the server easy and clean better than Towny without breaking. Essentials would be nice to have with it as well.

Also did a bit of a derp moment on MCEdit with accidental cloning. Already cleaned that up though.

NaomiMinette
Needs more Rainbow Sheep.
Miles Edgeworth
Server is closed?
iHeartLolis
Nice, I can't wait for the server opening up again.
whymeman

(Why is that side glowing? I don't know....)

Well, the map is pretty much done now. Just waiting to turn it in and get it going....

(all-nighters suck when you have to press to finish)
DarkStoorM
Someone should make a music with note blocks that plays the osu! tutorial when you get close to the osu! logo in there. xD
whymeman
Once the server starts up, you should be able to start with what is set in the inventory (if not, then wtf). The rain did seem to troll me a lot on the final bits before completion though....

PROGUY
Does it also include stuff from the Ender chest, since they're player-specific?
DarkStoorM

whymeman wrote:

I don't know why, but the first one reminds me of a Chaser map from S4 League.
whymeman

PROGUY wrote:

Does it also include stuff from the Ender chest, since they're player-specific?
I believe the enderchest inventory would be cleared too. Usually this is a proper way to go when you own online servers to give a fair start.

Also, something to amuse you while you wait.

DJNightmare
Are you setting up a new server?
If so I would really want to help out with spawn building and stuff :D
whymeman
It seems I won't be on for a few days as my primary WD Black Drive crapped out. Already working on replacing it right now :o

Why do I always have the worst timing for these things......
DJNightmare

whymeman wrote:

It seems I won't be on for a few days as my primary WD Black Drive crapped out. Already working on replacing it right now :o

Why do I always have the worst timing for these things......
@_@, from what I saw, the server looks like it will be very awesome :X
I wish I had the opporturnity to help out and build, I really like building XD
NaomiMinette
Slime Blocks released in today's Snapshot.

I am gonna have so much fun making minigames and dramatic entrances/exits with them :D
whymeman
Sooooooooo, we're waiting for that update instead or something? I was hoping the server would be up by now without too much delay. :|
PROGUY
I don't think 1.8 would be coming anytime soon. Let's just go with 1.7 first. And even if the game does get updated to 1.8, there would be no need to reset the world since there are no changes to the terrain generation.
show more