forum

How to find BPM in less than 5 seconds (for mappers) (tunebat)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mcaliber
That's right, less than 5 seconds.

First, I want to mention that this tool only applies to songs that are on Spotify. If the song you want to map is not on Spotify, this resource will not apply to your desire.

Step 1
Go to https://tunebat.com/

Step 2
Search for your song. The search bar is on the horizontal navigation bar, beside the TuneBat logo top left.

Step 3
Look at the results for your song. Click the one that you're looking for. If there are several results try including the artist's name into your search or preview the songs by clicking the blue button on the right of the box. You could also click the Spotify icon to direct you to the Spotify page to save time because loading the preview takes a while.

Step 4
There you have it, your song BPM and additional song information are located at the top of the page just under the navigation bar.

If you only need the BPM, no additional information, it is located on the result.
lewski

title wrote:

less than 5 seconds

mcaliber wrote:

That's right, less than 10 seconds.
I'm disappointed you didn't keep pumping up the number throughout the post
Topic Starter
mcaliber
i forgot to change that; thanks for noticing.
Joneer
Nice but what about the songs with various bpm like The hall of the Mountain king?I struggle to find the right bpm for each phases :(
lewski
two ways:
a) steal timing from someone who mapped the same version of the song before you
b) effort
Sophie Twilight

lewski wrote:

two ways:
b) effort
or we can ask for our godly helper Aiq-sama
DeletedUser_13957006

- Mahiro - wrote:

lewski wrote:

two ways:
b) effort
or we can ask for our godly helper Aiq-sama
😳 yes i'm a timing slave
TheKingHenry

lewski wrote:

title wrote:

less than 5 seconds

mcaliber wrote:

That's right, less than 10 seconds.
I'm disappointed you didn't keep pumping up the number throughout the post
lmao

as for this thingy, seems like it could come to handy for people starting out perhaps

but by the time you know what you're doing, it's faster to drop down the point and set the offset and bpm than to find the song there and then set the known bpm to correct offset

and it only tells one bpm even for songs that have multiple different quantized ones (not variable like Hall of the Mountain King that was mentioned here), which makes it quite a bit less usable when there are tempo changes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nao Tomori
for single bpm it really is faster just to go to the chorus and tap along with the downbeats tbh
Asphiee
Irrelevant comment but Nao Tomori isn't Nao Tomori without a purple

Holy... Nao was my BN, this is no time to be dilly dallying... Gotta hurry and find a new one 🏇
Chiru-kun
It has what I'm looking for.

I give it a pass.
Sophie Twilight
It also has the masterpieces.

Approved.
epic man 2
i wouldnt recommend using tunebat for song bpms as they can be incorrect with it

If you want to consistently get the most accurate timings for songs then just try timing it yourself in the editor. Set the offset accurately to what seems like the first major beat of the song then just change the bpm to something that fits, easier said than done.

Tunebat is also incorrect with songs that don’t have a stable BPM, so you will have trouble timing those kinds of songs if you aren't experienced with timing songs by default (Unless if you can replicate the timing points of a chart that has already timed it, but you'll need the same MP3 as it)
Topic Starter
mcaliber
Tunebat is pretty accurate, in my opinion. I've mapped a few songs with it already, it seems to be spot on, except for songs with several bpm changes.