forum

[Mapping Contest] Mapping to Pander Contest #1 (Results are here!)

posted
Total Posts
show more
LimeTwist
Hope to see more contests like this! Allows for more freedom and creativity
Corne2Plum3
Can I map a 5:44 song but it's a 4 stars?
Topic Starter
Uberzolik

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

Can I map a 5:44 song but it's a 4 stars?
you can map whatever you want! there are no song or star rating restrictions.
aiq
the secret to win this contest is mapping CS2 😳
Jushy
Tip: Include expectation-breaking-mini-movie-detail-like-reveals in your map
Hoshizora Rin
ok so uber when u goin to be judge
will map benibotan 2
Corne2Plum3
bump
Topic Starter
Uberzolik
with around 20 hours left before the deadline i figured i might as well ask if anyone's interested in a deadline extension (+1 week, most likely). i've received 7 entries so far, and i know a few people were busy this week so they couldn't participate, but i don't plan to extend the deadline unless there's some vocal support for it (entries won't just appear out of thin air, obviously)
aiq

Uberzolik wrote:

with around 20 hours left before the deadline i figured i might as well ask if anyone's interested in a deadline extension (+1 week, most likely). i've received 7 entries so far, and i know a few people were busy this week so they couldn't participate, but i don't plan to extend the deadline unless there's some vocal support for it (entries won't just appear out of thin air, obviously)
it would be cool to have a extension, i've been busy with some projects so i couldnt get to work on it yet
Mir

Uberzolik wrote:

i might send something if it were extended cuz i forgot this contest existed and i had a map i thought would be cool to send but i submitted it already

dont take this as like "i will 100% make something" but i would be more more inclined to if it were extended lets put it that way
ClevelandsMyBro

Uberzolik wrote:

i like the idea of an extension. as you said, me and probably other people are also really busy this week and had no time to map.
CORROSIVE
The idea of extending seems fine but extending it by another week seems pretty overkill, considering the runtime for the contest was 1 week maybe adding a 1 or 2 day extension would be good. maybe im just biased because i tried so hard to get it done on time x3
tadahitotsu
Agree w/ washed up, 1 or 2 days would be great
Altai

Uberzolik wrote:

This would be nice for me personally
Corne2Plum3

Uberzolik wrote:

I think an extension is a good idea (7 days is a bit short). But 1 week is a too big extention for this contest, so for me 2 days would be nice.
Topic Starter
Uberzolik
Alright, I'll be extending the deadline for an additional 3 days, putting the deadline at March 4th, 00:00 UTC.

If you've already submitted an entry and you want to make changes, just send me the new .osz anytime before the deadline. I will only consider the last .osz I receive!

By the way, one final thing: please refrain from deleting your maps and sending them in as entries. I am actually checking for people doing this, and will not accept your entry.
quila

Asphiee wrote:

Never mind placing first, I just want a headpat
headpats
Zelzatter Zero
I'm curious who will be the lucky guy to win the first place in this contest...

Let's see when March 4th comes to an end.
Topic Starter
Uberzolik
Submissions are closed! I will be forwarding the anonymized entries to pishifat soon.

For sanity's sake, I will be posting the participant list here. If you don't see yourself in this list and you sent me an entry, please notify me so I can figure out where that entry went!

Participants:

1. -Atri-
  2. -Kirigiri
  3. [Keqing]
  4. an anonymous participant (not entirely sure what's up with this honestly, but i'll let it pass for now...)
  5. chests
  6. Corne2Plum3
  7. Cxk224
  8. Faito
  9. HyperLan
  10. KChronoZ
  11. Lottery61
  12. MeowUsername
  13. Mimari
  14. Narrative
  15. Niva
  16. NotABox
  17. Rekinaja
  18. Sing
  19. SKIN121
  20. squirrelpascals
  21. tadahitotsu
  22. UndeadCapulet
  23. WashedUp Player
  24. Ykybfz
  25. Zelzatter Zero

Thanks to everyone for participating! I predict that results will be out in around a week from now, but in theory the process should be much faster.
HyperLan
Any news about that anonymous participant?

Also will we be able to try every map submitted even if they didn't win? I'd really like to play what was submitted once this is over.
Topic Starter
Uberzolik
Breaking news! Results are in... and in tier list format?

That's right! pishifat sorted the entries in tiers, from SS to F. Additionally, there were TWO winners! Mimari and UndeadCapulet will both be receiving the 1mo supporter prize. There was no #3, so no headpats will be delivered in this contest. Sorry. The Public has informed me that this makes Sing #3, so I will be delivering the pity headpat to him!

I know you all are eager to see what the Grand Archmage pishifat wrote about your entries, so check it out in the results spreadsheet!

Results

Some of you will likely wish to see this in a proper tier list, so I put one together using the map backgrounds:

The entries, from left to right:

1. SS: Mimari, UndeadCapulet
  2. S: Sing
  3. A: Narrative, Faito, Rekinaja, squirrelpascals, -Atri-, MeowUsername, NotABox
  4. B: Niva, KChronoZ, SKIN121, Cxk224, -Kirigiri
  5. C: Tadahitotsu, WashedUp Player, Lottery61
  6. D: Zelzatter Zero, Corne2Plum3, chests, Ykybfz
  7. F: ScubDomino, HyperLan, and the anonymous entry

I'm certain you all want to check out the entries as well. You can download them here!

Entries

Finally, I'd like to say that I'm really pleased with the participation and overall quality in this contest. To quote pishifat:

pishifat wrote:

ok im gonna finish tonight
i love all of these
this feels illegal
like 25 free mapping commissions
I'm glad to see this work out well and I hope you all will continue participating in future iterations of this contest! I hope to grow the prize pool and get people even more motivated to participate.

I will be giving the contest a week or two break before I announce the next judge and contest, so stay tuned!

P.S: If you have any suggestions about the rules or format, do let me know! (I already plan to extend the mapping time to two weeks, by the way)
VINXIS
CLOSE THIS CONTEST DOWN FOR ILLEGAL NAPPUNG COMMISSIONS
Topic Starter
Uberzolik
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
UndeadCapulet
omg
Uber
wdym theres no third sing's is the only one in s
Topic Starter
Uberzolik
if there's two #1 does that make the next one a #2 or a #3 vote now on your phones
Sampo
Corne2Plum3
;_;

What is the "distance snapiness"?
Zelzatter Zero
can't believe what pishi noticed forst in my entry was the furry bg

now pls excuse me while I'm contacting my lawyer for this case...
-Atri-
I wonder what pishi think who mapped the entry with that anime bg
Noffy

Uberzolik wrote:

if there's two #1 does that make the next one a #2 or a #3 vote now on your phones
Nao Tomori
Sing #3 yeah
toybot
god bless scub
Topic Starter
Uberzolik
ok the public has spoken sing has won the pity headpat
Narrative
man.
wiken
good morning uberzolik
honne