forum

I made a difficulty on an already published map made by somebody else, but now I want to publish it

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SILIK0N
So I made a Difficulty for fun on an already published song just for fun and also so I didn't have to spend 20 minutes trying to find the bpm, and it turned out really good and I wanna publish it, but I can't because the mapset was already published by somebody else. How do I keep the song and my map but publish only my diff to my account? sorry if this is incoherent ;/
Sugar_owo
mmm did you use the difficulty and start from scratch by the same exact beatmap someone already made with the same stuff included?
Topic Starter
SILIK0N

Sugar_owo wrote:

mmm did you use the difficulty and start from scratch by the same exact beatmap someone already made with the same stuff included?
So basically I took a beatmap and created a new difficulty and cleared all the notes, then I mapped from scratch on the same mapset as the other difficulties
Sugar_owo

SILIK0N wrote:

So basically I took a beatmap and created a new difficulty and cleared all the notes, then I mapped from scratch on the same mapset as the other difficulties
so you're saying you added the MP3, background, BPM + Notes all on your own?

If so then i honestly don't know. Maybe go ask on the help forums? They answer questions there, but it might take a bit :P

mmm ok i see the full title now.

you can't upload a beatmap made originally by someone else. ive tried before, doesn't work..

i may be able to help with how to fix it tho o - o
Topic Starter
SILIK0N
not the mp3 or background or bpm. I only added the notes, and this was on someone else already published mapset, so I can't publish it.
DeletedUser_13957006
open the mapset folder and copy the mp3 file and your .osu file (and bg if you want to) to a new, empty folder in the Songs directory

edit: and change the Creator field to your username
Sugar_owo

SILIK0N wrote:

not the mp3 or background or bpm. I only added the notes, and this was on someone else already published mapset, so I can't publish it.
ah sorry no clue how to fix that haha.

edit: go with what the person above me said. they know what they're doing :D
Topic Starter
SILIK0N

Aiq wrote:

open the mapset folder and copy the mp3 file and your .osu file (and bg if you want to) to a new, empty folder in the Songs directory

Ayy it worked! thanks for the help <3
Sugar_owo

SILIK0N wrote:

Aiq wrote:

Ayy it worked! thanks for the help <3
could i see the map link?
i'd really like to play it :>
Topic Starter
SILIK0N

Sugar_owo wrote:

SILIK0N wrote:

ah sorry no clue how to fix that haha.

edit: go with what the person above me said. they know what they're doing :D
It's no problem, thanks for trying to help :D <3

beatmapsets/1381066#osu/2853522 here it is! its kinda farm-y but I think it's good
Sugar_owo
it is good :> good job :D