forum

Any good maps to learn how to make circle jumps?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cyan Cookie
I'm having a lot of trouble making circle jumps that look good, play well, or reflect the music. Can anyone please send me some maps of good examples of circle jumps that I can learn from?

I mainly want evenly timed circle jumps, thanks.

By circle jumps I mean consecutive jumps consisting of only or mostly circles instead of sliders.
TheKingHenry
Not sure what you mean by circle jumps though

Jumps that are made by utilizing the create polygon option perhaps? They do kind of start resembling circle when you have enough of them in the polygon

Well, I don't really know maps where those kind of jumps would be core idea, but I do remember some popular maps where there's some iconic jump section with polygon jumps, like that one Yousei Teikoku song with the stars or that (perhaps loved now?) Red Like Roses map, I think it had one section like that too during early part 2 or so

Not that I really know whether or not those could be good learning material for you unfortunately ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Topic Starter
Cyan Cookie
@TheKingHenry

By circle jumps I just mean consecutive jumps with circle objects instead of sliders

Sorry that was a bit ambiguous

You might call it circle-spam
Zelzatter Zero
You can literally just call it jumps lol.

For me, jumps are one of the pattern that is the easiest to create, but among the hardest to master. To actually make jumps that is actually aesthetically pleasing and still playable, well, I have no idea either.

Most of the time when I map jumps I mainly focus on the flow first, then the visual. Even if I place them by the visual, I always check the flow next to see if it's comfortable to play. That's it.