forum

Has osu! gotten you in to anything otaku?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lust
I'm curious, I have found many animes and visual novels through beatmaps and loved them, so I was wondering if you found any gems while playing osu.

Maybe even a more interesting question to those that apply, did osu cause you to become an otaku?
theowest
not really, but I met Saten here who made me look at a lot more anime <3
Dazzy
Not directly, but always been kinda interrested in it and when more and more peoples wanted me to see I gave in and watched some!

So osu! always kept a window open in my case.
Irisu_old
Well, osu! didn't cause me to become one, but it helped me become interested in some more anime.
Saten
Not quite, though I watch less anime now when I got osu! :p

Aoriki
Nope! osu! didn't make me become one. it just caused me to become less into anime and more into gaming....yup.
Kiriino
Never listened to vocaloid before, and since i started to play osu, most of my favorite songs are vocaloid.
Liiraye
I was a mediocre "otaku" at first, just watching anime, nothing beyond that. Then I got to slash myself through countless of different songs with like vocaloids, kpop, jpop, some hardcore (helblinde/renard etc), all that stuff. I've been aware of those genres before but I never really liked it. When I played the maps on osu however, I started taking a liking to them a lot.

What else... Well let's just say #skandi is NSFW as a whole. You figure the rest out ;n;

OH, thanks to people I met here I've started playing games I'd never imagine myself playing a few years back like PSO2, LoL, and some other shiet.

I've also always been anti loli but on osu you can't "NOT" see a loli pic here or there on a good map so you keep exposing yourself to it. Today I'm like w/e, it doesn't bother me anymore.

I wonder if these are positive in any way thinking about it... lmao

Saten wrote:

Also this, I haven't watched anime like I used to in like... a year? IDK really. Can't recall the last time
Oinari-sama

Saten wrote:

lol same here
Yafutsufa

Oinari-sama wrote:

Saten wrote:

lol same here
i see comrades here 8-) :lol:
FlyMeToTheMoon_old
I started watching anime again and I've been introduced to some anime.
Guigocsilva
I haven't watched an anime in a long time but after Osu! i started reading a lot more mangas :P ...and listening to j pop,and k pop and also vocaloids :D
Crimson Lacryma
Seems to be the other way around, but it got me into ONE OK ROCK.
Sherbert
Nope, I was already as Otaku as they get before joining Osu. I was Otaku long before joining, already knew most of the japanese music and all anime openings/endings/themes so~
nakimushineko

--Lynn-- wrote:

Nope, I was already as Otaku as they get before joining Osu. I was Otaku long before joining, already knew most of the japanese music and all anime openings/endings/themes so~
Same as her desu :3
Sotodashi
Not really, since I've gotten to know pretty much everything from /a/ and /jp/.
Bweh
Made me interested in Mondaiji, but aside from that

not much
Lybydose
I didn't watch any anime before playing osu!

I still don't watch any anime.

I'm not even sure why I'm reading this forum.
silmarilen
i dont know really
i already watched anime before i started playing and i already knew touhou music before i started playing
and i still dont really like anime OP/EDs so i guess not

maybe you could say that i bought an anime figure on an osu meet, but thats only indirectly.

and @lyby its not only anime, you are using a touhou avatar, did you use touhou avatars before you started playing osu?
NixXSkate

Saten wrote:

I think watching anime is one of the main reasons why I got into osu! in the first place. I found out about it from
some nightcore video, but seeing some anime OPs and EDs in the downloads with their videos just totally pumped
me up to play! It was love at first sight...
Kanye West

Lybydose wrote:

I didn't watch any anime before playing osu!

I still don't watch any anime.

I'm not even sure why I'm reading this forum.
Same here. Played Touhou before osu! though. But playing Touhou isn't the same as posting a shitload of Touhou pictures.
Birdy
It's nearly gotten me out of all japanese things as the community acts like a bunch of complete weeaboo faggots. So no.
Timelapse
I pretty much got into Vocaloids. I never even once listened to a Vocaloid before, but I started listening after playing one song online (Megpoid Gumi - For My Soul, in particular).
Cropzy

Sotodashi wrote:

you are forgetting /h/,/d/ and /e/
Stefan
Watching some Animes or reading Mangas doesn't makes one as Otaku.

Oh, and no.
Sotodashi

Cropzy wrote:

Sotodashi wrote:

you are forgetting /h/,/d/ and /e/
but osu is full of normies, so what I learned from /d/ isn't really relevant.