forum

Can you map a combined songs?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ChibunnySechi
I was thinking about mapping combined songs on Mania(Which I edited them myself)
But wanted to know if its okay with it. I have to list all of the artist inside the mashup right?

Im very sorry if this post already exist because I have trouble finding old posts
Asphiee
Yes its fine, violation is only when you use multiple mp3 files in a single set without merging it into a single mp3 file a.k.a song compilation, mashup...
McEndu
I have to list all of the artist inside the mashup right?
If there are too many of them, go "Various artists" and put all the artists in the tags.
TheKingHenry
couple RC quotes you should also take into consideration when thinking about compilations, just in case

RC wrote:

Song compilations should incorporate 3 or more songs. Using only 2 songs in a compilation is a lackluster experience for players, and should be broken up into separate beatmapsets. Exceptions can be made for songs that were exclusively released together.

RC wrote:

Song compilations should be mixed properly and should not include abrupt breaks or long fades between different songs. The songs used for the compilation should be similar in audio quality, volume and length. This is to ensure compilations achieve the same cohesive gameplay experience as other beatmaps.