forum

Does BN have struggles?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Asphiee
Just wondering how much pressure does a BN have? Like what kind of situation do you want to avoid as much as possible? Worst BN moment you experienced?
TheKingHenry
hm

Asphyre wrote:

Does BN have struggles?
Yes, every person under sun tend to have their own struggles of various kinds and BNs are no exception

Asphyre wrote:

Just wondering how much pressure does a BN have?
Depends on how seriously you take it, how good and efficient you are, and in the current situation etc.
But most likely at least more pressure than your average user

Asphyre wrote:

Like what kind of situation do you want to avoid as much as possible?
To each their own. Personally nothing I'd like to avoid "as much as possible" comes to mind immediately, but I generally like to avoid bunch of things that are "additional work" such as pumping massive hours into single BN check (map is probably not ready for a BN check as is), huge backlash discussions after nominations (I didn't do my work properly), BN checking maps I'm not interested in (wait, why'd I do that to begin with) and the like perhaps.

Asphyre wrote:

Worst BN moment you experienced?
Nothing comes to mind really. I'm quite the perfectionist so personally every fuck-up that may occasionally happen is a worst and I'll have quite a few mental lashes over every single one so not fond of any of those moments lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
abraker
Ooo I always wanted to know - Was there a case where a BN had to make a tough call whether to veto their friend's map? Are BN ready to make that call if needed?
Uberzolik
can't speak about vetoing someone but i've had a friend veto one of my nominations and it was quite awkward (especially since he had requested me one of his own maps as well), feels like a weird underlying aggression when we were just chatting, since vetoes are pretty taxing for both people
TheKingHenry

abraker wrote:

Ooo I always wanted to know - Was there a case where a BN had to make a tough call whether to veto their friend's map? Are BN ready to make that call if needed?
I don't know, but wouldn't be surprised if it woulda happened in some form at least

I'd assume most people would be ready to make the call at least to some extent, considering something "veto-able" is prone to likely have at least some issues. That being said I think some kind of private chat about the things between friends would be more likely, and the situation ending up with actual veto similarly more unlikely