Do you want it in?

Yes, put in on default with toggle.
60.00%
Yes, make it forever.
33.33%
No, screw this idea.
6.67%
Total votes: 15
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Jinxy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Download: Mizuki Nana - Jyunketsu Paradox (TV Size) (banbar) [L i d a N].osu
Olinad
it would be really useful :D
RemmyX25
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old
I have been annoyed by this too. I recall once though that it did make a new tab. Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

Anyway, I like this idea, even if I don't get PM'd much. Of course, I would like it as an option so you don't get tab-spammed.
Gabi
type /chat <username>

and you will get your own tab with that person (remove the <>)

Download: IOSYS - Taiyou no Hana (Lilac) [Doomsday].osu
anonymous_old

Gabi wrote:

type /chat <username>

and you will get your own tab with that person (remove the <>)
Yes, but this doesn't happen when you receive a message. The OP desires a tab to be opened as soon as you receive the message, not after your own intervention. Also, past messages don't fill up the new tab when you use /chat.
Utena
this could be nice, since sometimes you are busy and the PM get lost in the chat then you can't find it anymore :P
</3 scroll up, or maybe create a tab that stores all the pms you get, it activates when someone pms you obviously ,then you pick the person you want to /chat :)
anonymous_old

Utena wrote:

or maybe create a tab that stores all the pms you get, it activates when someone pms you obviously ,then you pick the person you want to /chat :)
The chat notices go to the active window, so open a /chat with yourself and keep it active so PM's will flood there.
Gemi
anonymous_old

Gemi wrote:

A separate window for each discussion, just like on irc normally.
What is "IRC normally"?

Also, I doubt any computer is intelligent enough to separate discussions into separate windows, unless the humans keep one discussion per channel or something...
Gemi

strager wrote:

Gemi wrote:

A separate window for each discussion, just like on irc normally.
What is "IRC normally"?

Also, I doubt any computer is intelligent enough to separate discussions into separate windows, unless the humans keep one discussion per channel or something...
Any decent irc client out there, you name it. I'm actually not aware of any irc client that would have all of your private discussions in the same window with chat room text.
Skyripper
Well, it would be nice (in game) to have (the option to) /chat windows appear for PMs. I only want this because many times I will be PM'd when I'm away and the PM will be long gone by the time I get back (too much chat).
awp

Skyripper wrote:

Well, it would be nice (in game) to have (the option to) /chat windows appear for PMs. I only want this because many times I will be PM'd when I'm away and the PM will be long gone by the time I get back (too much chat).
current workaround for this is to type /chat myself hi

but I never remember to do that.
anonymous_old

awp wrote:

Skyripper wrote:

current workaround for this is to type /chat myself hi

but I never remember to do that.
As I said:

strager wrote:

The chat notices go to the active window, so open a /chat with yourself and keep it active so PM's will flood there.

Gemi wrote:

Any decent irc client out there, you name it. I'm actually not aware of any irc client that would have all of your private discussions in the same window with chat room text.
Many IRC clients can be configured to dump PM's without a dedicated window all into one window. I know irssi (my client of choice) can, and I believe it's default behavior for NOTICEs, too.
peppy
LuigiHann
I vote default
Gemi
anonymous_old

peppy wrote:

toggle or default behaviour is the question really.

so answer it :P.
Can't it be both? ;D
peppy
I don't want to add a toggle that will never be used. So unless someone speaks out that they DON'T want PMs to open new windows, it will be default and non-toggleable.
Cyclone
I get way too many random PMs a day, many of which i end up ignoring, so i'd rather a toggle.

...Though i can just close each one anyways, so it isn't that big a deal.
Gemi

Cyclone wrote:

...Though i can just close each one anyways, so it isn't that big a deal.
This. You'll have to check the pm out anyway to see if it is something that you are interested in, and then just click once to close the window if you don't care.
Gens
I like the old&classic /r method.
There are times when you're making just a little chat around, like:

To [user]: Wow, you're so pro :D
From [user]: thanks
And that's it.

So, I'd like a toggle.
Gemi

Gens wrote:

And that's it.

So, I'd like a toggle.
Type the answer in the window and hit the x to close it. :)
awp
Cyclone

Gens wrote:

And that's it.

So, I'd like a toggle.
I'm honestly not a fan of those PMs, though i do get a lot of em....
FurukawaPan
This needs to be a toggle.

Good idea for people who start the occasional /r based chat, but really bad for people who get lots of PMs from different people.
Jeffro
anonymous_old
I had an idea about this toggle/default stuff.

If the user is on your friends list, open a new tab. Otherwise, use the current behaviour.
AceOfArrows

strager wrote:

I had an idea about this toggle/default stuff.

If the user is on your friends list, open a new tab. Otherwise, use the current behaviour.
This is an excellent idea! I'm in favor.

If this does not occur, I vote default/always on (no toggle); with the new tab implementations, you can just click the X anyway; you don't even hafta type "/close" anymore.
An64fan
awp
Gemi

awp wrote:

I'd like it always to go to a tab. In the instance where you're AFK for reasonably lengthy periods, you can still miss random PMs by people who aren't in your friends list.
This.
Topic Starter
Jinxy
I made a poll
Echo
I want toggle + default on :/
peppy

Echo wrote:

I want toggle + default on :/
already done

(+) Incoming private messages open in new tabs by default.