forum

How do I get songs?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HappyAccident
I know this might seem stupid but how do I get songs to map if they aren't already on the osu website and I can just take the mp3 file from there. Where do you get your songs?
FakeAngelOfOsu
I get songs on youtube, then youtube converter to that can make low or high quality mp3 low or high quality.

Reply if want link, nvm lol I'll just putting it here.

https://youtubetomp3music.com/en5/

Just find out how this website works :3c
https://online-audio-converter.com/
Zelzatter Zero
For random songs to practice I used YouTube.

For serious project I either use SoundCloud or Bandcamp.

If you care about copyright you may have to directly contact the artists as well.
haha i rolypoly
do a youtube to mp3
Jelljel
Please don't do yt to mp3 if ur actually serious about pushing stuff. As far as I remember yt caps audio at 128 kbps when rc allows up to 192 (the difference between is actually clearly noticeable)

Also trying to "increase" mp3 quality won't work. It'll only bloat filesize not actually increase the quality. Only going from good to worse will work. Not the other way around

You are better of either a. finding 320 kbps mp3 or flac files from specific sites (some proper digging will work for 95% of music) or b. buy a digital copy of the song in question.
TheKingHenry
correct procedure is

1. buy the music and the quality files
2. use bad quality files in your map so players need to buy the music themselves for quality if they like it

:^)

(sorta) jokes aside, use quality whenever you can, and buy to have that quality whenever you can ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DeletedUser_13957006

TheKingHenry wrote:

correct procedure is

1. buy the music and the quality files
2. use bad quality files in your map so players need to buy the music themselves for quality if they like it

:^)

(sorta) jokes aside, use quality whenever you can, and buy to have that quality whenever you can ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
this, HOWEVER

i think it's most efficient to use any youtube / soundcloud / bandcamp to mp3 converter while you're mapping, and when you finish it, replace it with the high quality audio. that's because if you buy a song to solely use it in mapping and not finish the map, you're basically wasting money
TheKingHenry
not like it's wasted money if you like the music - which you assumedly do if you're planning on mapping it in the first place

even if you wouldn't "need" it yourself for listening purposes, at least you're supporting the artists with that money so it's not down the drain whether or not you end up mapping

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DeletedUser_13957006

TheKingHenry wrote:

not like it's wasted money if you like the music - which you assumedly do if you're planning on mapping it in the first place

even if you wouldn't "need" it yourself for listening purposes, at least you're supporting the artists with that money so it's not down the drain whether or not you end up mapping

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
i'd do that

if i wasnt some teenager with no money whatsoever
lewski

Jelljel wrote:

stuff
this is pretty overkill for this context imo since it doesnt sound like pushing is applicable to op, as well as what aiq said

Aiq wrote:

i think it's most efficient to use any youtube / soundcloud / bandcamp to mp3 converter while you're mapping, and when you finish it, replace it with the high quality audio.
no point in going out of your way for small stuff that only matters for ranking before that's actually on the radar
McEndu
Too lazy to go to anywhere outside osu!/Bandcamp for mapping