forum

Multiplayer bug with ranks. [confirmed] [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Arnold0
Explain the issue you are having:

While playing in multi if you are the room creator (/!\ room creator, not host!) you don't have rank. Also if room creator have a better score than you, you can be rank 1 on score board with it after you and rank 2 on the bottom of the screen.

Is it reproducible? If so, explain the steps to do so:

1. Create multi room
2. You have -- rank in all games even if you change host.

SPOILER
Screens :
KenHirokeke as room creator :

Me as room creator :

EDIT :
SPOILER
I just fond it's not the room creator but the guy which is in the 1st slot of the multiplayer room, because I created the room, got the thing, then switched to slot 8 and the guy who switched to the slot 1 got the bug.

Revived people have the color like alive guys but the thing say failed (bottom of screen say correctly your rank) and ranks is bad (You can see the ranks are not in order, they do 3,2,6,1 ...

You can see here I revived and still have failed mark...

Fond more about this issue :
The guy which is on slot 1 got -- and other guys got the slot they are on the MP room -1. The guy prodii G was the 1st of the game but his rank show 6, and he was on the slot 7 of the multiplayer room. You can't see because I failed but I got rank #7 (but was 4th) when I was in the slot 8 of the room...

edit:

The last user on the list will always have question marks as their rank.
theowest
yep
Topic Starter
Arnold0
EDIT : Copied that to 1st post
theowest
You could rename it, it's your title. I'll go confirm the other part when that is done.
Topic Starter
Arnold0
I changed title and copied the 3rd post on the 1st.
theowest
confirming the second part too

I were the 3rd person in the multiplayer list, but got the 2nd place.

it's never a problem on the host's side except the fact that the last person doesn't have any rank but question marks

Player order

edit: still happening in the new update 27/3/2013
TheVileOne
This is really confusing and should be fixed soon I hope.
Fluffy_old_1
Recently just got this bug too. Doesn't seem to be affecting everyone I think since I asked others in the same room and said they weren't experiencing it.
peppy
This is hopefully fixed on the test build. If possible, please get a few people together and test on the test server.
theowest
Mostly, yes.

The last place rank always has question marks at the final results screen, though.
peppy
This last issue should now be fixed too. Please check one last time.

Apologies for the slow release cycle. Real life be taxing ;x.
MillhioreF

Appears fixed now. No worries, thanks for the hard work!