forum

[invalid] Top 400 scores where!?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +20
Topic Starter
Aqo
Whaaat

why can't we see top 400 scores anymore

please bring this back

WHY REMOVE EXISTING FEATURES THIS MAKES NO SENSE ;_:
alvicala
this
Shadow
I have a simple question, Why?

Who cares about the rest, top 50 is enough.
Topic Starter
Aqo
Sorry, I can, A LOT

I check which people are in the top 400 for a map
I check how many FCs
the accuracy and mod usage spreads
this was soooo useful

WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU TAKE IT AWAY
theowest
You can always see more ranks by changing mods. That's probably why.
VoidnOwO
:)
Topic Starter
Aqo
You guys don't play maps with less than 200 FCs please stahp

on maps like Homework Crisis, Phase 1, Red Goose, etc, being able to see top 400 was super useful. I don't get why would you remove an existing feature
VoidnOwO

Aqo wrote:

You guys don't play maps with less than 200 FCs please stahp
ehue
Topic Starter
Aqo
That's also almost less than 200 plays tho lol

anyway the point stands. There's a lot of usage to seeing top 400. I was checking through the entire top 400 for a ton of maps almost every day, and there are people who are not on my friends list but I know them and want to see where they stand in rankings for those maps too. The game /already had this feature/, why did you take it away. wtf
Shadow
Well, if people actually use it, I don't see why not.

I normally only care about what mods to use to get into the top 40, not the other way around, like BRBP =p
Stefan

Aqo wrote:

You guys

Aqo wrote:

You guys

Aqo wrote:

You guys

Aqo wrote:

You guys

Aqo wrote:

You guys

Aqo wrote:

You guys
You like to say that people don't agree with you because of xyz reasons and that their sights aren't justified.
On-Topic: I found 400 way too much. Actually Top 100 would be the very best. And that what would be actually worth. Top 50 is absolutely fine now.
koromo
I for one love being able to check the top 400. Would be nice to have it back. I'm sure there's a lot more people who would also miss it if it were gone for good. I know I would, at least.

Aqo wrote:

I was checking through the entire top 400 for a ton of maps almost every day
Pretty much this.
Topic Starter
Aqo

Stefan wrote:

You like to say that people don't agree with you because of xyz reasons and that their sights aren't justified.
On-Topic: I found 400 way too much. Actually Top 100 would be the very best. And that what would be actually worth. Top 50 is absolutely fine now.
Wow you're seriously starting to piss me off.
If the game has a feature that YOU'RE not using, it doesn't hurt you in any way to have it. However some people ARE using it, and removing it works against them. How the hell is "400 too much"? If you're not interested in the scores on the top 400 nobody forces you to look at it, the existence of this feature doesn't hurt you in any way. Some people are actively following top 400 scores for maps like Pluto or Chipscape and not being able to access this information is not "fine".
Stop thinking only about yourself.
Dexus
Use the website listing to see the scores you want to see. I like this unified ranking system.
neurosis
um
koromo

Dexus wrote:

Use the website listing to see the scores you want to see. I like this unified ranking system.
Website listing to check the top 400? I wouldn't mind doing that, if it were possible. Also, this is not a request to remove the unified ranking, just a request to re-enable the top 400.
Full Tablet
The website listings don't show the Top 400.

Being able to see the Top 400 was useful to know how much your ranking would improve with mods. For example: You have a rank #900 96%acc FC, and see the top 40 have Near-SS with 2 mods, and you know the beatmap gives a considerable amount of pp. Knowing if a 1-mod play will make you rank well enough to get some pp in the map is useful in that case.

This applies even if the pp system changes so it takes into account all plays: There is a big difference between a top 100 rank, a top 200 rank, etc...
[Kanzaki Ranko]

Dexus wrote:

Except non-supporters are still limited to top50, and can't see unified.
JhowM
you shouldn't care about rank that much, having fun is all that matters
Stefan

Aqo wrote:

Stop thinking only about yourself.
Made my day.

Ask peppy or anyone of the osu!dev why they removed this Function instead of making a Thread (which even don't fit in Feature Request) and wonder what's happen to it.

I say from MY, from MY side that 400 are too much. It's not your concern if I do care about this Feature or not. Or if I use it or not. OR if I find it useful or not. Or if I find that 400 are too much and 50 are enough. That is my Opinion. And you should think twice if I am a selfish person who think just about itself or if I just give my 2ct about it. I have no idea how the Feature could be useful for you.. "good players" and I don't care about it. And it's fine if you take your advantage of it. But people should be allowed to say that they found it useless.
koromo

JhowM wrote:

you shouldn't care about rank that much, having fun is all that matters
Ranking up is fun for me. Some people prefer to play casually, some prefer to play competitively. For casual players the top 400 makes no difference, but some people like to see where the mod plays start and what mods people use, to see if a map is worth playing with mods (for us who aren't pro enough to go for top 40, I play HR only so I can't really beat those 99% accuracy/SS HD players, but I like seeing where my 97% HR play will land, to give an example).

Stefan wrote:

Ask peppy or anyone of the osu!dev why they removed this Function instead of making a Thread (which even don't fit in Feature Request) and wonder what's happen to it.
Sorry but, how is this not a valid request?

I think Aqo would like to see the top 400 again, I really can't understand where you're coming from, claiming this "does not belong to feature requests".
Stefan

koromo wrote:

Stefan wrote:

Sorry but, how is this not a valid request?

I think Aqo would like to see the top 400 again, I really can't understand where you're coming from, claiming this "does not belong to feature requests".
'kay

Don't request a toggle for disabling [insert new feature here] unless you want peppy to come to your house with a baseball bat.
koromo

Stefan wrote:

'kay

Don't request a toggle for disabling [insert new feature here] unless you want peppy to come to your house with a baseball bat.
And what feature are we asking to be disabled here?

koromo wrote:

Also, this is not a request to remove the unified ranking, just a request to re-enable the top 400.
Stefan
This is a valid argument. People complained about the new default Skin and wanted that peppy re-enable the old Skin/Interface aswell. Guess what was the Answer of it.
koromo

Stefan wrote:

This is a valid argument. People complained about the new default Skin and wanted that peppy re-enable the old Skin/Interface aswell. Guess what was the Answer of it.
But re-enabling the old skin behavior would mean disabling or making a toggle for the new one. We're not asking for a toggle nor for anything to be removed. We just want something else added on top of what's already here, further improving the osu! experience for those who find said feature useful.
Stefan
As I said, ask peppy directly per PM (or someone from the osu!dev) because it's a much better way.
XGeneral2000
Top 400 might be too much server load while peppy plays around with the new unified rank system. Maybe it'll come back in the future once the new stuff is optimized and ironed out.
she_old
It was awesome to see some awesome scores with mods that didn't make it to the top50 due to lack of enough accuracy in the top400
Support
Anzo
Hoping a button for showing another 50 records will not hurt the server too much...
(without removing the 1-50 records)

Something like this,

I like to have the top400 back though.
Ayesha Altugle
As peppy said. Ability to view more than top 50 will be restored soon. So just wait
silmarilen

Stefan wrote:

As I said, ask peppy directly per PM (or someone from the osu!dev) because it's a much better way.
you can be 99% sure they will tell you to make a topic in here about it.
deadbeat
personally i think 50 is a much nicer limit than 400. 400 just seemed a bit over kill to me

vahn10 wrote:

As peppy said. Ability to view more than top 50 will be restored soon. So just wait
where did he say this?
koromo

deadbeat wrote:

where did he say this?
Changelog.

deadbeat
ah. thanks, i'm about 2 weeks behind on updates and stuff \:D/

edit: wait, if it's going to be restored soon, isn't this thread kinda useless :/
Winshley
I sometimes use this. I often like to see how I stood myself around #200+ on Ryuuseigun and paraparaMAX. :P
ieb
Nice if it's back.
_noone_
<>
ieb

Keyone94 wrote:

they are back?
No, but there's a bug yesterday and the ranking displays #51-#100.
Iluya

koromo wrote:

If it is a problem of query-time: I wouldnt mind if it is only available on the website and only refreshed once a day. (if last query time >= 24h)

It was just sooo nice to have a comparison to ranks you can actually achieve. Most top50 ranks require a DT+X-Play with 98+% Acc!

Alternative: Make the ranks of the (only my mod)-List their actual rank instead of 1,2,3...
_noone_
<>
Zare
So what about this? Didn't peppy say he'd restore the top400 or 500 or whatever scores in scoreboard?
This was really useful to me and other players, don't let this die...
Kemdo
Top 400 is a bit too much ~~~ 50 is enough ^^
eldnl
I think you should deserve to be in a top, 50 is perfectly fine.
markesudes
I'd like to know what Peppy think about a return of top400, I was not even there when it was available, but it is a very nice feature for a player like me (often between 200-500th for example)
Wishy
Oh some people likes this feature, better remove it.