posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
- Imaginate -
Any maps that I should start out with?
gloomygl1
Pretty much everything within your difficulty range
ICanNotDoSlider
If you're new it's quite literally just getting used to the keys, not even concerning patterns used. Just go to the beatmap listing page and play the easy difficulty.
[LS]PositoniX
i got started by playing one map over and over until i could a/s rank it, than went for other maps around that difficulty range. some people say this is redundant and only builds muscle memory for that one map but you're likely to get started on the game more easily if you do this.
rqm

[LS]PositoniX wrote:

i got started by playing one map over and over until i could a/s rank it, than went for other maps around that difficulty range. some people say this is redundant and only builds muscle memory for that one map but you're likely to get started on the game more easily if you do this.
Not my thread, but still a newbie. Is index + ring a valid tapping style? Its how i tap in std but not sure if its used in mania
Jianshyy

rqm wrote:

Not my thread, but still a newbie. Is index + ring a valid tapping style? Its how i tap in std but not sure if its used in mania
It's not very common to use ring fingers in 4-key game mode but this is the first time I heard someone using this kind of style. This is pretty not advisable if you want to play harder maps.
rqm

Jianshyy wrote:

rqm wrote:

It's not very common to use ring fingers in 4-key game mode but this is the first time I heard someone using this kind of style. This is pretty not advisable if you want to play harder maps.
Hmm alright I'll try to switch to index + middle then. I'm actually kinda surprised that its not used since a lot of top std players use index + ring. Guess its just difference in game modes tho. Thanks for the advice :)
mufugai

rqm wrote:

[LS]PositoniX wrote:

i think you should play with whats most comfortable for you, some people even use thumbs for 4k and theyre doing great
McEndu
Generally 1* maps are best choice for beginners.
Aiju_old_1

rqm wrote:

PLay anything that feels comfortable to you. There are even some bms players who play 4k with one hand after transitioning from 7k.
Index + ring trills feel more comfortable for my hands than other trills too.
rqm

Aiju wrote:

rqm wrote:

PLay anything that feels comfortable to you. There are even some bms players who play 4k with one hand after transitioning from 7k.

Ok this is gonna sound really stupid, but whats a trill? Sorry i have no prior experience in 4k games or playing a musical instrumentt
[LS]PositoniX

rqm wrote:

[LS]PositoniX wrote:

it's definitely an untraditional playstyle, and i think it might somewhat handicap technical/jack patterns, though i am not sure so do take this advice with a grain of salt.

rqm wrote:

Aiju wrote:

rqm wrote:

Ok this is gonna sound really stupid, but whats a trill? Sorry i have no prior experience in 4k games or playing a musical instrumentt
a trill is when 2 columns alternate in rapid succession, for example, 1212, 1313, 2424, etc.
animeslayergp
i was able to get a 1m score on it today so its really easy beatmapsets/519251#mania/1103144