forum

Osu Aero control for windows 7 [duplicate] [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
HellScytheX
Hello!
I was just wondering if it would be possible to implement aero controls in windows 7, ie. when you hover over the ous! program, buttons pop up which have the ability to go back to the previous song, pause/play, and skip song.

I'm sorry, i dont know how to make this idea work, but just an idea, because I think it would be very useful as i use osu! to listen to my music sometimes, and it gets pretty annoying when i have to unminimise and click 'next' every time i want to skip a song

edit: oops, i think i was meant to post this under 'features requests' sorry...
James2250
Moved thread.

The problem with this is peppy is highly against osu! being used as a media player, it was designed primarily to be a game and it tries to stick with that. Here is a few threads suggesting the same thing (there are several others if you search around feature requests).

viewtopic.php?p=863061
p/1483192

Marking as duplicate/invalid.
TheVileOne
osu is a media player? If he is against it, he should remove the playback bar at the menu. It makes his viewpoint skewed and confusing. Everything the OP mentioned is already possible in the playback bar.

F6 to open Jump To window.

I don't know what aero integration would really change or why peppy would be against it.
James2250
It's possible my info is outdated on this I suppose. I remember there used to be a lot of requests similar to this and they never got very far, feel free to undeny this if you think this has a chance of being implemented.
TheVileOne
Well it would be nice to have specific buttons to pause, skip tracks in osu!, I think that is what the general request has been. it's been denied, so I wont undeny it. I think it's a stretch to not call osu! a mediaplayer. It just has limited functionality.

It probably wouldn't be too hard to create a script that skips through osu! songs.