forum

osu!taiko World Cup 2021 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
WalterToro
Wiki | Livestream

Welcome to the osu!taiko World Cup 2021 Discussion Thread.
Here you can discuss everything related to this year's biggest worldwide osu!taiko tournament.

Notable changes for this year (subject to change):

1. Warmups are removed from the matches
  2. Added extra timer rules when picking and getting ready
As always, we are also looking for commentators for this World Cup, so please contact either deadbeat or juankristal if you are interested.
Beat43210
So far changes are looking pretty good. Making timer rules more clearer and allowing for some level of leeway (in case Bancho acts weird or communication issues arise) is a good move.

Sad to see warmups removed from the matches but its an understandable decision given there are several good reasons for it's removal.

If this year is anywhere near what we have seen in the recent taiko community tournaments, TWC 2021 could shake up to be one of the best years yet in taiko history! I'm looking forward to see 2021 World Cups kick off with a BANG!
Cynplytholowazy
Wanna ask when will the mappers start being contacted for making maps and where will discussion on these maps take place in
mangomizer

Cynplytholowazy wrote:

Wanna ask when will the mappers start being contacted for making maps and where will discussion on these maps take place in
Currently it is quite difficult for us to decide which mappers to contact without first seeing the registration list. Naturally, it would be unfair for participants to have the ability to change/influence the mappool, intentionally or otherwise.

Once registrations end on Feb 18th, you can expect there to be a lot more activity in terms of reaching out to mappers, and further still once rosters are set in stone. Granted, one could theoretically declare their intention to not participate in TWC, but we would need to review this on a case-by-case basis.

Discussion is taking place in a private Discord server managed by myself, the tournament managers and the mappool selectors.
SMG3
So... first time joining a Taiko tournament (not counting Suiji). Wish me luck, everyone!
Dust kona
first time in a taiko tourny :D
frukoyurdakul
Man the year I finally join there will be no warmups :sedniss:
Ookura Risona
is there a discord channel of TWC2021?which place shall we change the potential match time?
Beat43210

Ookura Risona wrote:

is there a discord channel of TWC2021?which place shall we change the potential match time?
Captains will eventually be given an invite to a discord server. In that server reschedules and stuff can take place when needed. So far to my knowledge invites have not been sent at at this time. So just sit tight for the next few days
South Korea
PuffBuck
Melodies

PuffBuck wrote:

Psst. Look at this: https://pickem.hwc.hr/tournaments/53
Oh yes I love this ;3
Quincy
I had a friend playing for team Poland. (Eeveelution). So, that was cool.